Thursday, 02 March 2017 12:03
AboitizPower’s Oil Business Unit secured international certifications in occupational health and safety and environmental management upon the recommendation of TÜV Rheinland Philippines Inc.
TÜV Rheinland Philippines—an affiliate of TÜV Rheinland, internationally known technical testing organization for safety, efficiency and quality—conducted an audit on the Oil BU headquarters at the PFDA Bldg. and Therma Mobile, Inc. (TMO) in Navotas; Cebu Power Private Corporation in Barangay Ermita, Cebu City; Therma Marine, Inc. (M1) in Maco, Compostela Valley; and Therma Marine, Inc. (M2) in Nasipit, Agusan del Norte.
The power plants provide efficient and reliable peaking power to its customers in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao as part of AboitizPower's balanced mix strategy of tapping various power generation technologies to ensure ample power supply at a cost-effective rate.
The audits aimed to determine the Oil BUs’ conformance to OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System) and ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System) standards.
“I would like to congratulate each and every one of you for a job well done. These certifications prove that our organization satisfies internationally recognized standards for safety, health and environmental management and is in line with our APGen initiative of gearing up towards a world-class organization through IMS Certification,” AboitizPower Oil BU President and COO Danel Aboitiz said.
“Safety and environmental standards are among the pillars of our business. Pursuing world-class practice in these areas limits operational risk, enhances stakeholder reputation and ensures we deliver a positive effect on the triple bottom line of people, planet and profit,” Aboitiz said.
The Oil BU embarked on securing the OHSAS and ISO 14001 certifications to demonstrate that its facilities are safe for workers and host communities, and that their environmental impacts are minimized and managed. Conformance to the international certifications meant team members and team leaders of the Oil BUs have adopted the principles and procedures on occupational health and safety and environmental management.
- 03/03/2017 12:19 - Stranded dolphin rescued in Limaong
- 02/03/2017 12:05 - CAFGU detachment set-up in Sta. Catalina
- 02/03/2017 12:05 - Motorcycle thief arrested
- 02/03/2017 12:04 - Two persons robbed at gunpoint in Pasonanca
- 02/03/2017 12:04 - Beng backs BIR tax efforts
- 28/02/2017 15:08 - AboitizPower eyes more balanced mix
- 28/02/2017 14:39 - Rabies awareness month kicks of March 1
- 28/02/2017 14:22 - WMSU Photovoltaics research to “light up”Simariki Island
- 25/02/2017 13:18 - PDA-Zambo warns against "Dot-It-Yourself" braces
- 25/02/2017 13:16 - Beng, PNP inspect new police headquarters