Friday, 03 March 2017 12:22
The City Development Council yesterday reviewed and resolved to adopt and endorse to the Sangguniang Panlungsod the supplemental CY 2017 Local Development Investment Program (LDIP) and Annual Investment Program (AIP).
City Planning and Development Coordinator Engr. Rodrigo Sicat presented to the group the identified programs, projects and activities which the city government intends to undertake this year, earmarked at P233,698,600.
Flagship projects include flood mitigation facilities, the Business One Stop Shop (BOSS) building which would further improve services during the annual renewal of business registration as well as plans to make Justice Building more accessible to persons with disability and/or indigents.
On the tourism front, the city is also looking to construct a passenger terminal shed at Paseo del Mar for visitors to the Sta. Cruz Island. Also included in the supplemental are improvement plans for Merloquet Falls and the Eleven Islands.
Mayor Beng Climaco assured the council as well as urged offices and sectors concerned to ensure that residents will not be displaced as the city pushes for the promotion of new tourism destinations in the city.
Also highlighted were the conduct of a feasibility study on water impounding dam facility in preparation for future El Niño episodes, and a transport and traffic management system study on low emission to reduce the city’s carbon imprint.
District 2 Representative Mannix Dalipe informed the CDC of some of his pending bills in the House of Representatives pushing for the establishment of five national high schools in east coast.
The LDIP is the basic document that translates local plans into programs, projects and activities (PPAs) while the AIP is a tool by which a local government unit administers and provides budgetary support to its Local Development Plan (LDP) and LDIP.
In addition, the council also reviewed and resolved to adopt and endorse the draft Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP), Zoning Ordinance (ZO) and Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) to the Sangguniang Panlungsod for its subsequent approval.
Chaired by Mayor Beng Climaco, the City Development Council is composed of the city elective and appointive officials, barangay chairpersons, as well as representatives from the national government agencies, the academe, civil society and non-government organizations, among others. (Claudine Uniana)
- 04/03/2017 12:14 - Globe Telecom tops Asiamoney’s Best Managed Companies Poll
- 04/03/2017 12:13 - SSS revenues jump to P160 billion
- 04/03/2017 12:08 - Basilan CAFGUs get social protection from KaltaSSS-Collect Program
- 04/03/2017 12:07 - Ransom not paid for Kantner - DND
- 04/03/2017 12:04 - Emerging entrepreneurs undergo international leadership training
- 03/03/2017 12:21 - 45 siege-affected families get permanent houses
- 03/03/2017 12:20 - Muslim leaders condemn ASG killing of German hostage
- 03/03/2017 12:19 - Stranded dolphin rescued in Limaong
- 02/03/2017 12:05 - CAFGU detachment set-up in Sta. Catalina
- 02/03/2017 12:05 - Motorcycle thief arrested