Monday, 06 March 2017 11:56
Four alleged illegal gambling bettors were arrested by personnel of Police Station 11 led by Superintendent Ariel Huesca during intensified anti-gambling operations at Cariño Compound, Barangay Camino Nuevo, this city, Saturday night.
Huesca identified the suspects as Fructuso Ablay Dingal, 76, married, Joseph Sebastian Perez,33, single, Aizan Francisco Gonzales, 21, single, and Jaime Trumata Dingal, 40, single, all residents of Cariño Compound, Camino Nuevo.
Huesca disclosed that five dead fighting cocks, 14 live fighting cocks, cash amounting to P4,650.00 and several gambling paraphernalia used in illegal cock fighting were seized in the area.
Police said some of the bettors managed to escape by jumping over a cemented fence.
The arrested persons were conducted to the police station while the recovered items were turned over to the case investigator.
Police investigation disclosed that a concerned citizen reported through text message to Huesca that an illegal cock fighting, also known as “tarian” was ongoing at the said place, particularly near Rex Book Store.
Probers said that upon arrival at the scene, an unidentified man shouted the word “police” prompting the bettors to scamper to different direction.
Huesca told Zamboanga Today that they are still in the process of identifying a policeman who is allegedly protecting the illegal gambling operations in the said barangay. (Eugene A. Lasprilla)
- 08/03/2017 13:38 - Lunzuran folks benefit from ‘Dia del Alcalde’
- 08/03/2017 13:37 - Authorities nab six unregistered motorboats
- 08/03/2017 13:24 - Man killed by brother-in-law
- 08/03/2017 13:22 - AboitizPower conducts respiratory health symposium
- 06/03/2017 11:59 - ‘Dia de las Mujeres’ set March 8
- 06/03/2017 11:55 - Marines kill four more Abus in Sulu
- 05/03/2017 15:16 - Globe and Mabuhay Miles give free sims to PAL passengers (Instant communication with loved ones in the Philippines)
- 05/03/2017 14:39 - DSWD kicks off Women’s Month Celebration with Boses
- 04/03/2017 12:14 - Globe Telecom tops Asiamoney’s Best Managed Companies Poll
- 04/03/2017 12:13 - SSS revenues jump to P160 billion