Wednesday, 08 March 2017 13:38
Mostly indigent residents of Barangay Lunzuran benefited from free medical and basic social services of the city government, courtesy of the “Dia del Alcalde” yesterday at the covered court.
Mayor Beng Climaco personally led the entire city government contingent from the different departments, rendering basic services from medical checkups, tooth extraction to agriculture, veterinary and civil registry.
The conduct of “Dia del Alcalde” is among Mayor Climaco’s priority thrusts to bring the government to the people, especially those in far flung barangays and island villages.
Yesterday’s activity was the sixth for this year. The first “Dia del Alcalde” for 2017 was conducted in Pamucutan last Feb. 7. Then, it went to Malagutay on Feb 10,in Cabaluay on Feb 17, in Sibulao on Feb 28, and Latuan on March 3.
The “Dia del Alcalde” also provides an opportunity for the chief executive not only to see for herself her constituents and talk to them about their needs, but also confer with barangay officials on security, health and education (SHE) matters being the top on the agenda of her administration.
In her meeting with barangay officials, the mayor would usually ask about infrastructure projects, programs and activities in line with her SHE Program of governance.
The front-liners of the “Dia del Alcalde” are the City Health Office, City Agriculturist Office, Civil Registrar, City Social Welfare and Development Office, City Veterinarian’s Office, and other line agencies.-(Vic Larato)
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - Two nabbed for illegal drugs
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - USAID BeSecure recognizes local partners
- 09/03/2017 13:14 - Top USAID official lauds ZCWD on Be Secured projects
- 09/03/2017 13:14 - AboitizPower 2016 net income up 14% year-on-year
- 08/03/2017 13:38 - Beng spearheads Dia de las Mujeres
- 08/03/2017 13:37 - Authorities nab six unregistered motorboats
- 08/03/2017 13:24 - Man killed by brother-in-law
- 08/03/2017 13:22 - AboitizPower conducts respiratory health symposium
- 06/03/2017 11:59 - ‘Dia de las Mujeres’ set March 8
- 06/03/2017 11:56 - Four nabbed for illegal gambling