Wednesday, 08 March 2017 13:38
Mayor Beng Climaco will lead women and men in the celebration today, March 8, of “Dia de las Mujeres 2017” in line with the observance of Women’s Month.
The activity is set at 6:30am at the KCC Mall de Zamboanga Carpark (near Centro Pastoral) that will be highlighted by the presentation of successful women in the fields of Philippine Air Force, Philippine Army, Philippine Navy, Philippine Coast Guard, Philippine National Police, Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, Bureau of Fire Protection, Teacher/ Professor, doctor, nurse, street sweeper, traffic aide and social worker.
Organized by the City Government through the Gender and Development (GAD) and the Local Council of Women (LCW), the Women’s Month celebration is themed “We make change work for women” and is intended to recognize the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
LCW Chairperson Dr. Milagros Fernandez will give the welcome message while Mayor Climaco will give the inspirational and closing message. A community dance/Zumba fitness dance will conclude the activity.
Dia de las Mujeres is a fund raising activity, the proceeds of which will be used to provide the needs of the Women and Children of the Social Development Center, the women inmates of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) as well as the Women and Children’s Desk of PNP. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 11/03/2017 12:06 - City meets with Chinese state investors
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - Two nabbed for illegal drugs
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - USAID BeSecure recognizes local partners
- 09/03/2017 13:14 - Top USAID official lauds ZCWD on Be Secured projects
- 09/03/2017 13:14 - AboitizPower 2016 net income up 14% year-on-year
- 08/03/2017 13:38 - Lunzuran folks benefit from ‘Dia del Alcalde’
- 08/03/2017 13:37 - Authorities nab six unregistered motorboats
- 08/03/2017 13:24 - Man killed by brother-in-law
- 08/03/2017 13:22 - AboitizPower conducts respiratory health symposium
- 06/03/2017 11:59 - ‘Dia de las Mujeres’ set March 8