Saturday, 11 March 2017 12:06
The City Government presented its investment pitches to Chinese state officials in an investment briefing last week as part of its continued efforts to boost economic opportunities and investment partnerships.
The Chinese delegation met with the local officials and business groups to discuss investment opportunities as an offshoot of the accord forged between President Rodrigo Duterte and President Xi Jinping of China.
“The group of businessmen headed by the Office of the President Envoy for foreign relations came to Zamboanga, they were interested in looking at potentials related to the airport, mass transit, IT hub, parking and housing development, and tourism-related projects,” City Administrator Apple Go disclosed during the Monday press briefing, March 6.
The investment briefing was participated by the local government, the Zambo Fil Chinese Commerce and Industry Inc., the Zamboanga ICT Council, and the Zamboanga Ecozone.
The Chinese delegation visited the City to look into potential investment ventures as well as to meet with various agencies.
Go said the delegation will be returning for an official mission on the last week of March.
“They will be coming back this last week of March for an official mission together with German investors to further look at the Mercedes-Talabaan area,” she said. (Jasmine Mohammadsali)
- 13/03/2017 13:51 - NGCP to continue massive facility improvements in 2017
- 13/03/2017 13:50 - Beng commits to Duterte’s order to use powers toward peace
- 12/03/2017 14:51 - Presidential Communications Office shiftsa to 2nd gear - Andanar
- 11/03/2017 12:07 - Job Fair hires 74 on the spot
- 11/03/2017 12:06 - Three more nabbed for illegal drugs
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - Two nabbed for illegal drugs
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - USAID BeSecure recognizes local partners
- 09/03/2017 13:14 - Top USAID official lauds ZCWD on Be Secured projects
- 09/03/2017 13:14 - AboitizPower 2016 net income up 14% year-on-year
- 08/03/2017 13:38 - Beng spearheads Dia de las Mujeres