Saturday, 11 March 2017 12:07
Despite the inclement weather condition yesterday, job seekers trooped to the Red Cross Training Center in Pettit Barracks for the day-long Job Fair facilitated by the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) in partnership with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Employment Service Office (POEA).
Some 520 job seekers registered with 476 interviewed during the 8-hour job fair. Of the total interviewed, 326 were qualified.
A total of 18 local companies with 9 overseas agencies joined the fair offering various positions.
The day-long job fair formed part of PESO’s efforts to fulfil its mandate to help provide employment opportunities for Zamboangueño constituents. The fair is one measure to accelerate the government’s poverty alleviation program and intended to provide employment opportunities for Zamboanga constituents, as well as meet the manpower requirement of several industries operating in the city. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 14/03/2017 13:42 - PAGASA forecasts late El Niño
- 14/03/2017 13:41 - NGCP launches program for aspiring transmission line personnel
- 13/03/2017 13:51 - NGCP to continue massive facility improvements in 2017
- 13/03/2017 13:50 - Beng commits to Duterte’s order to use powers toward peace
- 12/03/2017 14:51 - Presidential Communications Office shiftsa to 2nd gear - Andanar
- 11/03/2017 12:06 - Three more nabbed for illegal drugs
- 11/03/2017 12:06 - City meets with Chinese state investors
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - Two nabbed for illegal drugs
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - USAID BeSecure recognizes local partners
- 09/03/2017 13:14 - Top USAID official lauds ZCWD on Be Secured projects