Sunday, 12 March 2017 14:51
Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar on Thursday, announced “revitalizing” changes to be made to his office this week during a meeting with the Kapisanan ng mga Broadcasters ng Pilipinas (KBP).
The Presidential Communications Chief was in Cebu in time for the ASEAN-PCOO Roadshow.
“We’ve been in office for about eight months now. It’s about time to shift second gear,” Andanar told the new officers and members of the KBP-Cebu Chapter disclosing some courses of action his office is planning to take in the next days.
Andanar plans to “fix” the International Press Center (IPC), whose building was newly renovated, and to revitalize the Philippine News Agency (PNA) as the premiere news wire agency of the country.
“We have about 40 plus reporters, if we combined them all, in Metro Manila. So if you look at the numbers, sheer number of reporters, then you have a very powerful Philippine News Agency. Those who are operating in Mindanao, in the Visayas, and in the provinces of Luzon can maximize the reports that we write for the Philippine News Agency. And that’s one way to rejuvenate, revitalize Philippine News Agency,” Andanar said.
Modernization plans for the PNA include a modernized news room, a television, a broadcast, and news cast to be shown on internet, social media sites, and also a special channel, which will be a sub-channel of PTV when it becomes digital.
“Once a station becomes digital, you have the HD channel, the main channel, then you have sub-channels --- three to four sub-channels. One of those sub-channels will be the Philippine News Agency, one will be the Muslim Lumad TV, and there will also be the teleradyo, which is the Radyo ng Bayan, that will have a video cast and maybe an agricultural channel if the Department of Agriculture would like to sponsor,” Andanar explained.
Andanar is likewise working on having an integrated newsroom, which included People’s Television (PTV), Radyo ng Bayan, Philippine Information Agency (PIA), and Philippine News Agency (PNA).
Also within the 2017 PCOO deliverables for the year are the ground-breaking of the Mindanao broadcast hub in Davao, FM1 or the FM station for the youth, PIA kiosks in the domestic and international airport among others. (PR)
- 15/03/2017 12:18 - Forwarding company robbed
- 14/03/2017 13:42 - PAGASA forecasts late El Niño
- 14/03/2017 13:41 - NGCP launches program for aspiring transmission line personnel
- 13/03/2017 13:51 - NGCP to continue massive facility improvements in 2017
- 13/03/2017 13:50 - Beng commits to Duterte’s order to use powers toward peace
- 11/03/2017 12:07 - Job Fair hires 74 on the spot
- 11/03/2017 12:06 - Three more nabbed for illegal drugs
- 11/03/2017 12:06 - City meets with Chinese state investors
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - Two nabbed for illegal drugs
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - USAID BeSecure recognizes local partners