Monday, 13 March 2017 13:50
Mayor Beng Climaco has strongly committed to implement President Rodrigo Duterte’s directive for mayors and governors to fully exercise their powers and supervision over the police and help him maintain order and fight criminality and terrorism.
This, following Duterte’s meeting with Mindanao local chief executives, military and police officials last Thursday in Davao where the president reiterated his unrelenting campaign against criminality and the war against illegal drugs.
“We are committed to implement your directive Pres. Duterte to use our full powers toward Peace and Order in our area of responsibility,” the mayor, who chairs the Regional Peace and Order Council (RPOC) in Zamboanga Peninsula declared as she vowed to continue without let up her priority thrust on security.
During the said gathering, which was also attended by Cabinet officials and top military and police officers, Climaco tackled security concerns of Governors and Mayors from the Region with Local Government Secretary Mike Sueno. She likewise discussed security matters with Police Regional Director Billy Beltran, City Police OIC Director PSSupt. Luisito Magnaye and Western Mindanao Commander MGen. Carlito Galvez.
The issue related to her request to the president to return the regional center to Zamboanga City from Pagadian as well as the purchase of the autonomous region property in Cabatangan were also discussed with Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, National Security Adviser Hermogenes Secretary Esperon and AFP Chief of Staff LGen. Eduardo Ano.
The mayor also took the opportunity to thank Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) Director General Guiling Mamondiong for the programs of the agency in the City. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 16/03/2017 14:19 - 6th InfoCar meets with 100 IDPs
- 15/03/2017 12:18 - Forwarding company robbed
- 14/03/2017 13:42 - PAGASA forecasts late El Niño
- 14/03/2017 13:41 - NGCP launches program for aspiring transmission line personnel
- 13/03/2017 13:51 - NGCP to continue massive facility improvements in 2017
- 12/03/2017 14:51 - Presidential Communications Office shiftsa to 2nd gear - Andanar
- 11/03/2017 12:07 - Job Fair hires 74 on the spot
- 11/03/2017 12:06 - Three more nabbed for illegal drugs
- 11/03/2017 12:06 - City meets with Chinese state investors
- 09/03/2017 13:27 - Two nabbed for illegal drugs