Tuesday, 21 March 2017 13:13
The Zamboanga delegation ranked second in the secondary level and third in the elementary level in the recently concluded Zamboanga Peninsula Regional Athletic Association (ZPRAA) meet held in Dipolog City from March 12-16.
Acting City Schools Superintendent Pete Natividad said Zamboanga City bagged second place in the secondary level regular sports with a total of 57 gold, 45 silver and 46 bronze medals.
Zamboanga del Sur is first place with Dipolog City occupying the third spot. Fourth is Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Norte is fifth, Zamboanga Sibugay is sixth and Isabela City and Dapitan City occupying the 7th and 8th spots, respectively.
In the elementary level, the Zamboanga delegation harvested a total of 23 gold, 40 silver and 32 bronze medals finishing 3rd place overall.
Overall, Zamboanga harvested a total of 80 gold, 85 silver and 78 bronze medals.
Natividad said this year’s performance is better than last year when Zamboanga only garnered more than 40 gold medals, according to Natividad.
Meanwhile, Zamboanga City ranked second place in both elementary and secondary level in Dance Sports as well as received special awards.
The city ranked fourth in the Special Games with 6 gold medals, 8 silver medals, and 11 bronze medals. (Shekina Benitez, ADZU OJT/ PIO)
- 23/03/2017 12:08 - Globe myBusiness gives tips to working in the comfort of your own home
- 22/03/2017 12:19 - Cocolisap funds await PCA, City Hall coordination gab
- 22/03/2017 12:18 - Koko sees okay of free internet access, six key bills this year
- 22/03/2017 12:18 - Ateneo shines anew in Physician Licensure Exam
- 21/03/2017 13:15 - Globe At Home Customers Meet the Cast of Wicked
- 18/03/2017 14:10 - Lamitan in state of calamity
- 18/03/2017 14:03 - Double barrel reloaded nets four more
- 17/03/2017 14:05 - SSS releases March differential of P1,000 additional benefit
- 16/03/2017 14:21 - Aboitiz, DTI partner anew for Matigsalug livelihood project
- 16/03/2017 14:19 - 6th InfoCar meets with 100 IDPs