Friday, 17 December 2010 11:25
Riding on the tide of information technology advancement, the NEDA-RDC IX website seeks to effectively share information faster and to generate public response. The heartbeat of this website rests on advocacy and knowledge management to raise peoples’ awareness and participation in decision-making processes to ultimately deal with the challenges in the region.
Mindful of the difficulties that beset Region IX and recognizing its coping potentials and advantages, this website is developed to primarily facilitate information dissemination to generate participation, support, and commitment among the various stakeholders towards the attainment of a responsive approach to development issues.
The website’s homepage provides links to major plans and programs, updates on activities and resolutions passed by the Council. It also presents major statistics to apprise readers on the latest economic and social indicators. It is hoped that the development of this website can pave the way to unite and bring the concerned sectors together to pursue a common goal, that is to strike the right tone in the seemingly uphill struggle to rise above poverty.
Arturo G. Valero, NEDA IX Regional Director and RDC IX Vice-Chair expressed pleasure as he encourages participation by accessing NEDA-RDC IX home page at http://neda9.net and by sending suggestions and comments via the query corner the home page.
“It is through our collective efforts and determination that we can introduce changes that are critical in the pursuit of regional progress, Valero enthused.
By N.B. Edaga/NEDA9/PIA9
- 20/12/2010 14:31 - Amazing spectacle: Total Lunar Eclipse Monday Night
- 20/12/2010 14:30 - December is “Protecting the Waters Month”
- 20/12/2010 14:29 - The Look of Young Image
- 20/12/2010 14:28 - ANECO challenges Mindanao leaders to curb island’s power crisis
- 17/12/2010 11:26 - AFP accuses NPA of treachery in Samar ambush-slay of 10 soldiers, 9-year-old boy
- 17/12/2010 11:24 - Palace bares more appointments
- 10/12/2010 12:49 - 13 cities carry out regulatory reforms - IFC, WB report
- 10/12/2010 12:47 - Gov't must find other ways to ferret out the truth - Bishops
- 10/12/2010 12:44 - Aquino orders DSWD to ensure smooth implementation of CCT
- 07/12/2010 16:35 - PALEA to hold strike vote today