Wednesday, 22 December 2010 14:18
The Philippine National Police (PNP) has created a special investigation team to assist in the reinvestigation of the celebrated Vizconde massacre case.
PNP chief Director General Raul Bacalzo particularly instructed PNP Chief of Directorial Staff (TCDS) and the Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management (DIDM) to organize a special investigation team that will conduct parallel investigation of the 19-year-old rape-murder case.
Bacalzo issued these instructions even as he expressed confidence the reinvestigation by concerned government agencies will be able to identify and indict suspects in the Vizconde massacre before the case reaches its 20-year prescriptive period on June 30, 2011.
PNP-DIDM Director Arturo Cacdac is tasked to supervise the Special Investigation Team that will be composed of crime investigators from the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG), forensic examiners from the Crime Laboratory and operatives from intelligence and investigative units of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO).
Bacalzo said the Special Investigation Team is under instructions to closely coordinate all investigative efforts with the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
The Chief PNP also assured the availability of other PNP personnel, units and resources in support of the operations of the Special Investigation Team.
Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. issued a Memorandum on Dec. 16, directing the DOJ, Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), PNP and NBI “to conduct a thorough reinvestigation of the case, utilizing all available resources at your disposal to finally solve the same with the end-in-view of apprehending and prosecuting the authors of the crime.”
The move came following the Supreme Court's order releasing the earlier convicted suspects, led by Hubert Webb, after finding the testimonies of star witness Jessica Alfaro as inconsistent.
Webb and five other suspects had been detained since 1995 for the Vizconde massacre. (PNA)
- 03/01/2011 16:02 - N. Korea calls for ending tension with S. Korea, reviving economy
- 30/12/2010 14:49 - Aquino administration ushers in new governance era
- 30/12/2010 14:49 - SuperFerry’s new Quiapo outlet offers Todo Todo Sail Sale this New Year
- 29/12/2010 15:33 - Hugh Hefner, 84, engaged to Playmate, 24
- 29/12/2010 15:30 - Pope condemns 'oppressors' in Christmas message
- 21/12/2010 15:23 - YSP-PAZ national recognition, a tribute in flourishing 2010
- 20/12/2010 14:31 - Amazing spectacle: Total Lunar Eclipse Monday Night
- 20/12/2010 14:30 - December is “Protecting the Waters Month”
- 20/12/2010 14:29 - The Look of Young Image
- 20/12/2010 14:28 - ANECO challenges Mindanao leaders to curb island’s power crisis