Wednesday, 05 January 2011 13:52
Police say a dead fetus has been found in the bathroom of a plane that arrived in the Philippine capital. The gruesome discovery comes months after a woman gave birth on another flight to Manila and dumped the live infant in an airplane trash bag.
Aviation police investigator Marcelino Peninoy says a cleaner discovered the remains of the 5- to 6-month-old male fetus Monday on the Etihad Airways aircraft after it arrived from Abu Dhabi.
The identity of the mother was unclear, though millions of Filipinos work abroad. Abortion is illegal in the Philippines and the mother could face charges if she terminated the pregnancy.
In September, a returning Filipino worker who abandoned her baby after giving birth on a plane claimed she was raped by her employer. (AP)
- 05/01/2011 13:57 - Singson renews call for transformation at DPWH
- 05/01/2011 13:56 - RP prepays US$ 3.6B in end-October ‘10
- 05/01/2011 13:55 - Gov't to propose ceasefire to NDF upon resumption of formal peace talks
- 05/01/2011 13:55 - Ochoa reorganizes Office of the President to improve operations
- 05/01/2011 13:54 - Fright likely killed thousands of birds in Arkansas
- 04/01/2011 11:04 - Malacanang saddened over increase in firecracker casualties
- 04/01/2011 10:56 - Japan population shrinks by record in 2010
- 04/01/2011 10:55 - Pagadian City Mayor urges businessmen to install CCTV camera in their establishment
- 04/01/2011 10:54 - iPhone alarm glitch leaves users fuming
- 04/01/2011 10:52 - Gov’t to raise landmine issue in peace talks with Reds