Wednesday, 05 January 2011 13:57
Secretary Rogelio Singson of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) on Monday renewed his call for the department's employees to fully support President Benigno S. Aquino III's campaign against graft and corruption.
Singson, who was one of the first three Cabinet members to be confirmed by the powerful Commission on Appointments (CA), emphasized that his top priority in 2011 is DPWH's continuing transformation where proposed infrastructure projects under the 2011 General Appropriations Act (GAA) will be implemented and bidded out properly according to specifications.
Singson is emphatic in his desire to minimize or eliminate corruption at the DPWH so that by 2012, the department would be clearly treading on a straight path and moving toward the restoration of public trust.
In his New Year's message to the employees, Singson said the DPWH's mission statement, which he and the Management Committee (Mancom) have simplified, is "Doing the right projects, at the right cost and at the right quality."
Likewise, his program of putting back professionalism in the DPWH has begun paying off.
Survey results show positive approval rating on the leadership performance of Secretary Singson which earned him the early recognition and approval by the 24-member CA of President Aquino's first batch of Cabinet appointees before the end of 2010.
DPWH Undersecretary Raul C. Asis said that in support to the transformation program, every employee of the department in the Central Office and subsequently the 16 Regional Offices and 182 District Engineering Offices will undergo a two-day culture building workshop for every one to know and realize the common vision of the agency.
Asis said that the mission statement is actually the elements of project management. "In construction management, you are managing the elements of time, cost and quality," he stressed.
By Lily O. Ramos/PNA/PIA9-BST
- 06/01/2011 12:40 - Palace extends suspension of GOCC, GFI allowances
- 06/01/2011 12:40 - Mysterious collapse of bee colonies explained
- 06/01/2011 12:39 - Thousands of dead birds and fish in Arkansas leave many scratching heads
- 06/01/2011 12:39 - Cayetano vows to pursue RH bill hearings in Senate
- 06/01/2011 12:38 - DILG chief asks employees for transparency
- 05/01/2011 13:56 - RP prepays US$ 3.6B in end-October ‘10
- 05/01/2011 13:55 - Gov't to propose ceasefire to NDF upon resumption of formal peace talks
- 05/01/2011 13:55 - Ochoa reorganizes Office of the President to improve operations
- 05/01/2011 13:54 - Fright likely killed thousands of birds in Arkansas
- 05/01/2011 13:52 - Dead fetus found in airplane bathroom in Manila