Thursday, 06 January 2011 12:38
Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse M. Robredo urged the officials and employees of the department and its attached agencies on Tuesday to be transparent in their dealings with their clientele.
At the same time, Robredo asked his subordinates to continue to subscribe to the three principles of accountability, better performance and trust in carrying out their mandated tasks of strengthening local governments and ensuring peaceful and safe communities.
Speaking during the annual DILG New Year’s call held at Camp Crame, Robredo urged the DILG family to continue to observe these three basic principles in instituting reforms for "Tapat na Palakad" and implementing programs for "Bayang Maunlad" as aptly captured in the DILG slogan, “Biyaheng Pinoy: Tapat na Palakad, Bayang Maunlad.”
“I call on all of you to respond to the call of the New Year by sustaining the gains of all the initiatives that you have started and stepping up the implementation of these efforts towards greater responsiveness and effectiveness,” Robredo said.
On the principle of accountability, he explained that it can be ensured through the identification and monitoring of appropriate measures that effectively determine whether “we are successful in our initiatives or not."
“What we are accountable to is not what we have done, but what impact in the lives of the Filipino we have created,” he said. (PNA/PIA9-BST)
- 06/01/2011 12:41 - Aquino vows support for the Navy
- 06/01/2011 12:40 - Palace extends suspension of GOCC, GFI allowances
- 06/01/2011 12:40 - Mysterious collapse of bee colonies explained
- 06/01/2011 12:39 - Thousands of dead birds and fish in Arkansas leave many scratching heads
- 06/01/2011 12:39 - Cayetano vows to pursue RH bill hearings in Senate
- 05/01/2011 13:57 - Singson renews call for transformation at DPWH
- 05/01/2011 13:56 - RP prepays US$ 3.6B in end-October ‘10
- 05/01/2011 13:55 - Gov't to propose ceasefire to NDF upon resumption of formal peace talks
- 05/01/2011 13:55 - Ochoa reorganizes Office of the President to improve operations
- 05/01/2011 13:54 - Fright likely killed thousands of birds in Arkansas