Thursday, 20 January 2011 15:02
Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairman Sixto Brillantes on Tuesday said he is ready to face the Commission on Appointments (CA), admitting that he is worried over the composition of the panel.
He said he is looking forward to being grilled by the CA. “I am not that confident. I know I have some political adversaries,” he added.
On Monday, some CA members warned the former poll lawyer that he will be facing tough grilling from them.
At any rate, Brillantes is hoping that he would be confirmed immediately so he could attend to the needs of the commission.
Also on Tuesday, he attended his first commission en banc meeting and then made the rounds in the different departments.
He said he plans to visit all the regional offices to meet with the field officials. (PNA/PIA9-BST)
- 21/01/2011 13:25 - DOE proposing new law for oil and gas exploration ?
- 21/01/2011 13:25 - DOLE sets online application for 10,000 nurses until Feb. 4
- 21/01/2011 13:24 - Aquino urges LP partymates to support his administration
- 21/01/2011 13:22 - Senators want Garcia, cohorts put in jail
- 20/01/2011 15:02 - Pirates take record 1,181 hostages in 2010
- 20/01/2011 15:01 - PNP maps out modernization plans for 2011
- 20/01/2011 15:01 - Senior officials of ASEAN+3 pledge to intensify tourism cooperation
- 20/01/2011 15:00 - Drilon files bill seeking to regulate carrying of firearms
- 20/01/2011 14:52 - Muslim Research Consortium unveils peace plan
- 20/01/2011 14:50 - Sea turtles freed in Dipolog