Saturday, 22 January 2011 11:40
Executive Secretary Paquito N. Ochoa Jr. said on Thursday he does not see as a threat the impending entry of former Senator Manuel A. Roxas II in the Aquino Cabinet.
”There is no harm naman if eventually, maging part siya ng Cabinet. Ever since nag-start tayo ni Pangulong Aquino, we welcome all kinds of help that we can get dahil Herculean task itong presidency,” Ochoa said in a radio interview over state-run Radyo ng Bayan.
President Benigno S. Aquino III earlier said that he needs the services and expertise of Roxas in many matters.
"No single person, including the President, can solve everything in a span of six years. Nakita niya ang expertise ni [former] Senator Roxas at palagay ko dun niya gagamitin," Ochoa said.
The Executive Secretary said there will be no changes in his task and functions as the “Little President” even with the imminent entry of Roxas, Aquino’s running mate during the May 2010 national elections.
”Walang mababago dun sa setup because in the first place, the functions of Executive Secretary are already mandated by law [There will be no changes in the setup...],” he said.
Ochoa said Roxas’ tasks will depend on what the President orders him to do.
"Ang role ni Roxas is in an advisory capacity... Palagay ko ‘yan ang role niya for the moment,” he said. (PNA)
- 22/01/2011 11:43 - Palace stand on total log ban draws mixed reactions from lawmakers
- 22/01/2011 11:42 - Aquino to study reimposition of death penalty
- 22/01/2011 11:42 - Zamboanga braces for eco-tourism development
- 22/01/2011 11:41 - Kidnappers free Iligan City printing press owners
- 22/01/2011 11:40 - Liberal Party leaders assure Aquino of their full support
- 22/01/2011 11:39 - Malacañang focuses on streamlining of state agencies, Executive Secretary says
- 21/01/2011 13:26 - CBCP official says reviving the death penalty will not solve crimes
- 21/01/2011 13:25 - DOE proposing new law for oil and gas exploration ?
- 21/01/2011 13:25 - DOLE sets online application for 10,000 nurses until Feb. 4
- 21/01/2011 13:24 - Aquino urges LP partymates to support his administration