Sunday, 23 January 2011 16:56
President Benigno S. Aquino III is the recipient of this year’s prestigious Public Affairs Asia’s Gold Standard Award for Political Communications.
Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office Secretary Ramon Carandang, in a press briefing Friday, in Malacanang said Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda accepted the award on behalf of the President Thursday night in Hongkong.
Carandang said the President was recognized for his efforts to put government publications online specifically the Presidential Gazette which aims to put all historical documents emanating from the government on line.
In the Gazette, presidential speeches, pronouncements, among other presidential activities are posted online allowing accessibility to the public.
Carandang further said that the President was also recognized for his ability to communicate his message “Kung Walang Corrupt, Walang Mahirap” both domestically and internationally.
The President, according to Carandang, won over Lee Kuan Yew, Minister Mentor and first Prime Minister of Singapore and Ambika Soni, India’s Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
Public Affairs Asia, in its website said that: “These awards celebrate the achievements of corporations, governments and NGOs and identify those professionals, consultancies and governmental figures who are driving this important process of engagement and partnership in Asia Pacific.”
Public Affairs Asia is a network of senior government relations, public affairs and corporate communications professionals operating across the Asia Pacific region.
Last year, the award went to Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono for his exemplary work in addressing corruption in Indonesia through his Corruption Eradication Commission. (PNA)
- 24/01/2011 14:59 - Aquino cites role of 'mosquito press' in Martial Law
- 24/01/2011 14:58 - Chiz to Abad: Don't shoot the messenger
- 24/01/2011 14:57 - House averse to revival of death penalty
- 24/01/2011 14:57 - Some coastal areas, islands in Caraga sinking due to rising sea water level
- 23/01/2011 16:56 - Palace allays fears on open skies policy
- 22/01/2011 11:45 - Legarda reiterates call for prompt action to ward off ill-effects of global warming
- 22/01/2011 11:44 - OCD: We now have a proactive approach against disaster
- 22/01/2011 11:44 - Aquino confident in choice of Brillantes as Comelec chairman
- 22/01/2011 11:43 - Palace stand on total log ban draws mixed reactions from lawmakers
- 22/01/2011 11:42 - Aquino to study reimposition of death penalty