Wednesday, 09 February 2011 00:00
A horde of grieving relatives and friends rushed to the Quirino Memorial Medical Center (QMMC) on Tuesday morning as they heard the news of the alleged suicide of former Cabinet Secretary Angelo Reyes.
Former President and now Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was one of those who rushed to the QMMC.
Mrs. Arroyo condoled with Reyes’ wife, Teresita P. Reyes, and his five children, Pablo, Angelito, Marc, Carlo and Judd.
The former President was accompanied by former Presidential Management Staff chief Mike Defensor.
Reyes died in an apparent suicide after visiting the tomb of his mother early Tuesday morning at the Loyola Memorial Park in Marikina City. He was a key figure in the "EDSA 2" bloodless revolt that ousted President Joseph Estrada and installed Mrs. Arroyo as the new President in January 2001.
Reyes served in various capacities as Secretary of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), Department of National Defense (DND), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) and Department of Energy (DOE). (PNA)
- 10/02/2011 14:16 - Dairy farmer from Pagadian wins National Gawad Saka Award ‘10
- 10/02/2011 14:15 - Paje orders adoption of standard reference system for land surveys and mapping
- 10/02/2011 14:12 - Senators saddened by Reyes' death
- 10/02/2011 14:11 - 9th RCDG conducts special basic military training
- 10/02/2011 12:06 - PNP probers looking at suicide angle in Angelo Reyes' death
- 09/02/2011 00:00 - AFP adopts “bayanihan” to promote development, end insurgency
- 10/02/2011 12:03 - Ochoa says 17 priority bills to be presented to LEDAC
- 10/02/2011 12:00 - Ochoa pledges to protect military institution
- 09/02/2011 00:00 - Paje sets deadlines for cleansing of pending, idle mining projects
- 10/02/2011 11:52 - Soldiers urged to remain steadfast to call of duty amidst controversy