Thursday, 10 February 2011 14:11
The 901st (ZDS) Community Defense Center, 9th Regional Community Defense Group, ARESCOM, Philippine Army is conducting a Special Basic Military Training in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur for a duration of 30 consecutive Saturdays and Sundays. This was started last October 16, 2010 and expected to be completed on February 20, 2011.
Lt. Colonel Deogracias S. Duque, Commanding Officer of the 901st CDC, 9th RCDG said the activity aims to train qualified volunteer citizens to be enlisted into the Reserve Force. These volunteers will undergo rigorous training to make them capable and responsive and to develop a strong reserve force to augment the regular units in times of emergency, disaster and calamities.
The volunteer citizens/participants will also assist in the implementation of socio-economic development projects of the government in their area of responsibility.
Relative to this, Regional Director Adriano D. Fuego of the Office of Civil Defense was invited yesterday, February 6, to lecture on Rapid Assistance on Disaster and Calamity Response at the Molave gymnasium. Lectures on other related topics are also discussed extensively as well as the role of national government agencies to better equip the volunteers with their task in nation-building.
A similar activity is also being undertaken in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur with 305 participants from different barangays. The training is set to be completed on March 16, 2011. (PIA9-Pagadian/altingcang)
- 14/02/2011 13:13 - EO standardizes pay, perks of GOCC, GFI execs
- 10/02/2011 14:17 - Chiz: Don't drag PMA to corruption controversy
- 10/02/2011 14:16 - Dairy farmer from Pagadian wins National Gawad Saka Award ‘10
- 10/02/2011 14:15 - Paje orders adoption of standard reference system for land surveys and mapping
- 10/02/2011 14:12 - Senators saddened by Reyes' death
- 10/02/2011 12:06 - PNP probers looking at suicide angle in Angelo Reyes' death
- 09/02/2011 00:00 - Friends, relatives grieve over Reyes' demise
- 09/02/2011 00:00 - AFP adopts “bayanihan” to promote development, end insurgency
- 10/02/2011 12:03 - Ochoa says 17 priority bills to be presented to LEDAC
- 10/02/2011 12:00 - Ochoa pledges to protect military institution