Wednesday, 02 March 2011 14:13
MNLF Senior leaders, commanders, MNLF Integrees, professionals, mass –based leaders, supporters passed a manifesto calling for a one united front and at the same time appealed for unity and reconciliation among its leaders.
During a consultation held at the Garden orchids Hotel in Zamboanga City Friday, some 200 participants emphasized their constructive recommendations and suggestions on the implementation of the 1996 GR-MNLF-OIC Final Peace Agreement and their stand to the present Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
The manifesto signed by the MNLF participants was addressed to the Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Conference OIC, Member States, Islamic Non Government Organization (NGO), Government Republic of the Philippines (GRP), Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF).
The group also lauded Philipppine President Benigno Simeon Aquino III for supporting the postponement of the ARMM elections even as it called for the full implementation of the peace accord.
University of the Philipines Prof. Julkipli Wadi, Dean of the Institute of Islamic Studies was the keynote speaker during the consultation, which was followed an open forum.
“After the deliberation of the Consultative Meeting on February 24, 2011, 9 am - 5 pm at Garden Orchid Hotel, Zamboanga City. We, the participants composed of the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF), Senior leaders, Commanders, MNLF Integrees, Professionals, Mass Leaders, Supporters of the Moro National Liberation Front and Junior Cadres Officers composed of Syrian, Pakistan and Libyan Commandoes (all Foreign trained) who spear headed the activities came out with the following constructive recommendations and suggestions: “
All believers are but brethren. Hence, (whenever they are at odds,) make peace between two brethren, and remain conscious of GOD, so that you might be graced with his mercy. (Qur’an 49:10).
a. As a Muslim, the verse mentioned above shall be serving as Guiding Principles in performing the task to Call for Unity and Reconciliation of the MNLF Leaders.
b. Calling and appealing to the two brothers MNLF and MILF leadership to comply, respect, and honor the Dushanbe Resolution No. 2/37 of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC)-Council of Foreign Ministers Meeting in Dushanbe, Tajikistan from 4 to 6 Jumadal Thani 1431H, (18-20 May, 2010), mandating the OIC Secretary General His Excellency Prof. EKMELEDDIN IHSANOGLU, “urges the MNLF and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front(MILF) to unite their efforts for the peace and development of the Bangsamoro people” in order to achieve total unity among our peoples for Peace and Development of Mindanao and its island.
2. Requesting and appealing to the OIC Member States, IDB and other Islamic NGOs to accelerate their medical, humanitarian, economic, financial, and technical assistance for the development of the Bangsamoro homeland, particularly in the areas ravaged and devastated by the decades of conflict. Like recently, Jolo, Sulu was destroyed by the natural calamities.
Calling the Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GRP) for the meaningful implementation of the September 2, 1996 Final Peace Agreement in accordance with the letter and spirit of the December 1976 Tripoli Agreement.
Salute and appreciation to the Aquino Administration in postponing the ARMM election.
Principal “Convenors” led by junior officers of the MNLF to include Alimatar Alfad, Jadjurie Arasa and Ustada Abdulkhabir “tuan Val” Musa said among those present were Ustadz Muslimin Asirin, MNLF Representative to Libya, Ustadz Abdulwakil Tanjilil, Asst. Mufti, Darul IFTA, and Director General of Salam Islamic Institute: Prof. Abubakar Mohammad: Dr. Tambayapa Manjoorsa, member of the Central Committee and Chief of Intelligence; Dr. Abdurahman Amin, who used to be the Liaison officer to the OIC and the whole of Islamic world league and a member of the Central Committee.
“It was a success and we look forward to holding similar consultations in the future. It was a some kind of reunion among our mass-base members and cadres,” the “convenors” described the gathering. (email@example.com)
- 03/03/2011 13:27 - Aquino swears in 20 new government officials
- 03/03/2011 13:26 - Paje orders titling of government lands
- 03/03/2011 13:25 - Sibugay Governor Jalosjos pledges full support to BJA
- 03/03/2011 13:24 - Aquino government set to privatize RPN9, IBC13
- 02/03/2011 14:14 - Aquino directs DOLE to look into concerns of Filipino domestic helpers in Hong Kong
- 02/03/2011 14:12 - ABC, ABS outdo each other before Davaoenos
- 28/02/2011 14:14 - Aquino confers awards on 6 key people who inspired 1986 EDSA revolt
- 28/02/2011 14:13 - Gov’t eyes tie-up with Islamic Development Bank for Filipino Muslims
- 28/02/2011 14:12 - More OFWs from Libya home safely — DOLE
- 26/02/2011 00:00 - Aquino asks Binay to study issue of Marcos burial at 'Libingan'