Sunday, 06 March 2011 19:11
Deputy Speaker and Zamboanga City District I Representative Maria Isabelle Climaco sought the intervention of DILG Undersecretary Rico Puno on the transfer order of the Bureau of Fire Protection and its employees to Pagadian City amidst a standing moratorium enforced by Memorandum Circular No. 11 issued by the Office of the President.
A memorandum was issued by BFP R-IX Regional Director SSupt. Mario Socorro C. Timonera directing BFP regional office personnel to report and perform duties and functions at the BFP Regional Office IX in Pagadian City.
This comes inconsistent with MC No. 11 which directs that all departments, bureaus and other government agencies are enjoined to suspend the transfer of their offices in Region IX from Zamboanga City to Pagadian City pending the study on the matter and consultations with relevant stakeholders and maintains status quo - regional offices that are already in Pagadian City shall continue to operate thereat.
BFP employees asked the help of Deputy Speaker Climaco to help them in their plight. Employees shared document signed by Pagadian City Mayor Samuel Co dated November 17, 2010 that states that BFP IX cannot be officially classified as a “Fully Transferred” office since its Finance Division, Modified Disbursing Scheme account and many of its employees are still in Zamboanga City. These are two important parameters that should be met for them to be considered as such.
Deputy Speaker Climaco appealed for urgent action and intervention of DILG Usec. Puno on the matter. “There is a need to ensure the full compliance of the President’s MC No. 11 and I hope that regional government offices will not deliberately defile the orders of the President” stated Climaco.
This move comes with a position paper signed by the BFP R-IX employees asking for their office retention and appealing for Zamboanga City to be the Regional Government Center of Zamboanga Peninsula.
- 07/03/2011 14:30 - Coast Guard deploys three ships off Palawan to secure research ship
- 07/03/2011 14:29 - Solid waste management disposal plant soon to rise in Molave
- 06/03/2011 19:19 - Cops using ‘Miranda Doctrine’ when making arrests - PNP
- 06/03/2011 19:18 - Sulu folks get livelihood training
- 06/03/2011 19:15 - There's hope for displaced OFWs - TESDA
- 04/03/2011 12:04 - Sibugay gets new batch of electrification projects
- 04/03/2011 12:04 - Japan contributes database, P30-M for Mindanao socio-economic upliftment
- 04/03/2011 12:03 - WB to increase allocation for Phl
- 03/03/2011 13:27 - Aquino swears in 20 new government officials
- 03/03/2011 13:26 - Paje orders titling of government lands