Monday, 07 March 2011 14:29
PAGADIAN CITY - Mayor Ireneo Q. Glepa of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur recently signed a Memorandum of Agreement with Herhof, Helector S,A., Zehira USA, LLC, based in Henderson, Nevada USA, represented by Michael C. Jimenez, for the construction of an ultra-modern solid waste management and disposal plant in Molave.
Glepa said Molave is one among the 10 strategic locations identified for the establishment of waste disposal plants in the country. Zehira, which uses a highly reliable German technology, will utilize the present dumpsite which is approximately 7 hectares to be the site of the plant.
The MOA provides that ZEHIRA will implement an employee training program for daily staff, maintenance and management to successfully operate the facilities using the local indigenous people of Molave, thereby generating employment for local folks.
Further, Mayor Glepa said the MOA provides that the LGU will help in acquiring the necessary clearances, permits and licenses from all government agencies requiring approvals needed for the construction of the MBT facilities as well as facilitate the collection of waste in barangays and towns not limited to Molave, to attain the required 1000 tons per day garbage collection.
The Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) facility, a highly reliable German technology will be replete with water treatment, sewage sludge, methane/leachate treatment for landfills, biogas, hospital waste incineration, thermal treatment of secondary fuels, gasification, anaerobic treatment and power plant technologies. (PIA9/altingcang)
- 08/03/2011 09:54 - Incoming AFP chief lists three top priorities
- 07/03/2011 14:32 - Baldoz says reintegration program for Libya OFW repatriates ready and established
- 07/03/2011 14:32 - Dapitan Shrine VPA Association, adjudged Most Outstanding VPA Association of Region IX
- 07/03/2011 14:31 - Libyan military attacks anti- government forces near Tripoli
- 07/03/2011 14:30 - Coast Guard deploys three ships off Palawan to secure research ship
- 06/03/2011 19:19 - Cops using ‘Miranda Doctrine’ when making arrests - PNP
- 06/03/2011 19:18 - Sulu folks get livelihood training
- 06/03/2011 19:15 - There's hope for displaced OFWs - TESDA
- 06/03/2011 19:11 - Beng seeks DILG intervention on BFP transfer order
- 04/03/2011 12:04 - Sibugay gets new batch of electrification projects