Friday, 18 March 2011 14:22
The Interreligious Solidarity Movement for Peace (IRSMP), fastest growing interfaith council concluded the Final Selection of the 2011 recipients of another Peace award called Golden Crescent Award for Leadership, Academic Excellence and Founders’ Choice last March 15, 2011.
After the selection of the Young peace Weaver Awardees, IRSMP screening committee announces the official list of Awardees for the said award. From the total of 34 applicants, 10 qualified for the Leadership Award.
The committee is composed of prominent individuals playing significant role in the society. Of which it includes Prof. Ali T. Yacub, Al-Hj (Founder and Chairman of the Golden Crescent Consortium of Peace Builders and Affiliates), Mr. Jaafar Kimpa (Associate Convener of the Golden Crescent peace Council), Prof. Eddie Ladja (Dean-College of Asian and Islamic Studies of Western Mindanao State University), Mr. Aljammar Damahan (Columnist-Zamboanga Peninsula) and Mr. Aldrin B. Abdurahim (Executive Coordinator of IRSMP).
The awardees include Paolo Madrigalejo (Southern City Colleges), Elvi Ramos and Miko Paolo Mangubat (Don Pablo Lorenzo Memorial High School), Frazn Sta. Teresa (Universidad de Zamboanga- Technical High School), Alinasser Yusop and Fatimah Amilhasan (Zamboanga City High School-Main), Rebecca Llanos (ZION Evangelical School), Ann Nichole Dela Victoria and Gersheena Florendo (Regional Science High School) and Jessa Mae Narvasa (Zamboanga State College of Marine Science and Technology-Laboratory High School).
The awardees will receive the prestigious medallion accompanied by the certificate during the school’ graduation. Some notable Alumni of the award include Hon. Melchor Sadain (City Councilor of Zamboanga City), Atty. Laisa Alamia, Almin Anudin, Christian Olasiman, Joseph Van Bue, and many other successful individuals in various chosen fields of excellence.
Meanwhile, the founder’s choice provides recognition to deserving student leaders who have been grantee of any foreign exchange or international programs. This year’ awardees include Sherazad Siddick, Khen Rajiv Kipli, Marjiya Hassan and Alfredo Aujero III, all of which comes from Zamboanga City High School-Main as well as Adzhar Madjid from Zamboanga State College of Marine Sciences and Technology-Laboratory High School.
The IRSMP continues its advocacy for peace through great recognition of outstanding youth leaders playing significant role for the betterment of our society through contributions for peace. Leadership is but an ultimate tool so that peace will be achieved.
By Aldrin B. Abdurahim
- 22/03/2011 13:12 - Gadhafi vows to fight as strikes hit his forces
- 22/03/2011 13:08 - CHO Pagadian pursues TB surveillance
- 21/03/2011 03:23 - Escudero says plebiscite needed to postpone ARMM polls
- 21/03/2011 03:21 - New Philippine Army video of hazing, torture of trainees surfaces
- 18/03/2011 14:23 - Two school buildings to be handed over to Tigpalay elementary school
- 16/03/2011 22:42 - Malaysian peace monitors begin work in Mindanao's peace efforts
- 16/03/2011 22:38 - Nuclear emergency in Japan has no immediate threat to the Phil - NDRRMC
- 14/03/2011 12:11 - US experts fear 'Chernobyl-like' crisis for Japan
- 14/03/2011 12:10 - Interfaith group in quest for another Peace Award
- 12/03/2011 15:37 - DOLE-9, Dapitan ink MOA to advance tourism services