Friday, 18 March 2011 14:23
Two newly-completed school buildings will be handed over to the beneficiaries in a simple ceremony at the school grounds of Tigpalay Elementary School in Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay.
The initiative is part of the aid package from the Agencia Española de Cooperacion Internacional para el Desarollo (AECID) through the Fundacion Humanismo Y Democracia (H+D).
Dubbed Improving Access to Quality Education and Potable Water in Caraga and Zamboanga Peninsula (Multi-Sectoral Agreement-Mindanao), the project is expected to benefit at least 27,634 children, 7,500 youths, 255 teachers and 192 parent-teachers associations (PTAs) in the target areas.
Project sites for this particular initiative are the Municipalities of R.T. Lim and Tungawan in Zamboanga Sibugay. Six (6) other schools are in the process of being completed in time for the hand over, bringing to total of 8 schools namely: 1)Batungan Elementary School, 2) Cayamcam Elementary School, 3) Tigpalay Elementary School, 4) Tungawan National High School, 5) Kulambugan Elementary School, 6) Fatima Elementary School, 7) Mabuhay Elementary School and 8) San Pedro National High School.
Also included in the Spanish aid package are chairs, textbooks, audio-visual equipment, science laboratories, and technology-livelihood-education (TLE) equipment among others.
The project is being implemented by Fundacion Humanismo Y Democracia (H+D) in partnership with the Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP).
The occasion will be attended by AECID General Coordinator Señor Vicente Selles, PBSP Executive Director Rafael Cojuangco-Lopa and other guests.
By Danilo Escabarte
- 23/03/2011 16:13 - Young Moro Professionals conduct Bangsamoro Peace Forum
- 22/03/2011 13:12 - Gadhafi vows to fight as strikes hit his forces
- 22/03/2011 13:08 - CHO Pagadian pursues TB surveillance
- 21/03/2011 03:23 - Escudero says plebiscite needed to postpone ARMM polls
- 21/03/2011 03:21 - New Philippine Army video of hazing, torture of trainees surfaces
- 18/03/2011 14:22 - IRSMP’s reveals 2011 Golden Crescent Awardees
- 16/03/2011 22:42 - Malaysian peace monitors begin work in Mindanao's peace efforts
- 16/03/2011 22:38 - Nuclear emergency in Japan has no immediate threat to the Phil - NDRRMC
- 14/03/2011 12:11 - US experts fear 'Chernobyl-like' crisis for Japan
- 14/03/2011 12:10 - Interfaith group in quest for another Peace Award