Tuesday, 22 March 2011 13:08
PAGADIAN – City Health Office (CHO) here is continuously conducting Tuberculosis (TB) surveillance to monitor cases of TB and minimize or prevent its transmission especially to highly susceptible individuals.
This was disclosed by city health officer Dr. Noel E. Ceniza during the World TB day celebration last week in Anastacia Restaurant with the theme: “Isulong ang Laban sa TB: Malusog na Kabataan, Pag-asa nang Bayan”.
Speaking before the barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan officials and clinic teachers, Ceniza said the campaign seeks to dramatically reduce the global burden of TB by 2015 in line with the Millennium Development Goal and the Stop TB partnership targets.
Ceniza said over the years, a considerable number of people were infected by Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and deaths were also recorded due to the disease. Thus, the government is pursuing its programs in protecting the poor and vulnerable populations from TB.
“The City Health Office is giving free medicines and free sputum exam for TB patients” Ceniza said.
CHO is a recipient of Global Fund of World Health Organization (WHO).
“We are very fortunate that the WHO’s Global Fund is actively and strongly supporting the anti-TB campaign of the city,” Ceniza bragged.
“We have enough medicines for TB patients,” Ceniza assured the public.
Ceniza encouraged TB patients to visit health centers in their barangays where they can avail the Directly Observed Treatment (DOT) program of the health center.
He also advised people with productive cough of 2 weeks or more to visit the health centers for TB check up and test. (JPA/GCC- PIA9, ZamboSur)
- 23/03/2011 16:17 - DOJ ready to lift arrest order vs. Lacson
- 23/03/2011 16:16 - DOJ ready to lift arrest order vs. Lacson
- 23/03/2011 16:15 - 5th nurses' oathtaking ceremony in Pagadian slated on March 25
- 23/03/2011 16:13 - Young Moro Professionals conduct Bangsamoro Peace Forum
- 22/03/2011 13:12 - Gadhafi vows to fight as strikes hit his forces
- 21/03/2011 03:23 - Escudero says plebiscite needed to postpone ARMM polls
- 21/03/2011 03:21 - New Philippine Army video of hazing, torture of trainees surfaces
- 18/03/2011 14:23 - Two school buildings to be handed over to Tigpalay elementary school
- 18/03/2011 14:22 - IRSMP’s reveals 2011 Golden Crescent Awardees
- 16/03/2011 22:42 - Malaysian peace monitors begin work in Mindanao's peace efforts