Wednesday, 23 March 2011 16:16
The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Monday said that it is ready to lift the arrest order against fugitive Senator Panfilo "Ping" Lacson.
Such action will be done, once DOJ Secretary Leila De Lima confirms the resolution of the Court of Appeals (CA) that its earlier ruling was "immediately executory" nullifying the arrest warrant issued by the Manila Regional Trial Court (RTC) against Lacson.
In a resolution, the CA denied the motion for reconsideration filed by the Office of the Solicitor General (OSG) seeking to reverse and set aside the earlier ruling of the CA dismissing the double murder case against Lacson.
Lacson is accused of masterminding the Dacer-Corbito double murder case.
De Lima said that she has no other choice but respect the resolution of the CA. De Lima has not yet received a copy of the resolution of the CA. (PNA/PIA9-BST)
- 25/03/2011 14:58 - Beng spearheads ‘Read-Along’ event for elem studes
- 25/03/2011 14:57 - Pulse: Binay is most trusted gov't official
- 25/03/2011 14:57 - Burglars rob regional office
- 23/03/2011 16:19 - Government to prepare for global impact on economy of Japan's crisis - Aquino
- 23/03/2011 16:17 - DOJ ready to lift arrest order vs. Lacson
- 23/03/2011 16:15 - 5th nurses' oathtaking ceremony in Pagadian slated on March 25
- 23/03/2011 16:13 - Young Moro Professionals conduct Bangsamoro Peace Forum
- 22/03/2011 13:12 - Gadhafi vows to fight as strikes hit his forces
- 22/03/2011 13:08 - CHO Pagadian pursues TB surveillance
- 21/03/2011 03:23 - Escudero says plebiscite needed to postpone ARMM polls