Wednesday, 06 April 2011 17:11
PAGADIAN CITY - Six outstanding farmers will receive the Provincial Gawad Saka Awards during the 38th Farm Family Forum and Achievement Day which is slated tomorrow, April 6, 2011 at the Amusement and Events Complex, Capitol Grounds here.
Provincial Agriculturist Marilyn IS. Bersales said this year’s theme, “Padayon Pag-uswag Pamilyang Mag-uuma” capitalizes on the province’s potential as an agricultural hub in the Zamboanga Peninsula region.
The awardees are: Mr. Nolman R. Sabado – Outstanding Young Farmer, Tawagan Norte, Labangan, ZDS; Mr. & Mrs. Rogelio C. Maata - Outstanding Farm Family, New Basak, Dumingag, ZDS; Mr. Elmer Soposo- Outstanding Hybrid Rice, Sudlon, Molave, ZDS; Mr. Adilberto B. Baniqued – Outstanding High Value Commercial Development Program (HVCDP), Bogo, Kapalaran, Molave, ZDS; Mr. Gilbert H. Narciso – Outstanding Agri-Enterpreneur, Dagohoy, Guipos, ZDS; and Rebokon Barangay Food Terminal- Outstanding Barangay Food Terminal LGU- operated, of Rebokon, Dumalinao, Zamboanga del Sur.
Ms. Bersales said a certificate of appreciation will also be given to the mayors, municipal agriculturists and agricultural technicians of the above-mentioned municipalities to recognize their efforts and full support to the government’s agricultural modernization program.
Leading the guests of honor to grace the activity are Governor Antonio H. Cerilles, Congresswoman Aurora E. Cerilles of the 2nd District of Zamboanga del Sur and Congressman Victor J. Yu of the 1st District.
The Farm Family Forum is a whole-day activity which will gather members of farmers associations, 4-H Club and Rural Improvement Clubs of the province.
It will also showcase their talents in different competitions such as cooking (corn kakanin and livestock meat) handicraft making, (rice based handicraft) and high value commercial development program (organic fertilizer). This will comprise the category for the major competition.
Minor contests will include: Poster Making with the theme “4-H in motion Towards Food Security”; vocal solo, extemporaneous speech and Quiz Bee.
The farmer organizations will feature the Pinaka Contest: for crops- eggplant, squash, water melon, cassava and ampalaya; livestock – chicken, duck and egg; and for fisheries- tilapia, bangus and crabs.
The laudable event is spearheaded by the office of the provincial agriculturist with Ms. Marilyn IS. Bersales at the helm. (Alma L. Tingcang/Zambo Sur)
- 07/04/2011 11:55 - Aquino appoints Pulido-Tan, Mendoza as chairman/commissioner of COA
- 07/04/2011 11:55 - Government agencies need to help in dissemination of information - Coloma
- 07/04/2011 11:55 - Aquino swears in more gov't officials
- 07/04/2011 11:54 - MGB successful in “cleansing” mining applications nationwide
- 07/04/2011 11:54 - Ochoa: Steps being taken to address security problems in Mindanao
- 04/04/2011 11:55 - PAL ready for ‘worst case scenario’
- 04/04/2011 11:54 - Afghan riots over Quran burning: 2 days, 20 dead
- 03/04/2011 20:56 - Paje fortifies anti- corruption program in DENR
- 03/04/2011 20:53 - by Ryan Nakashima and Mari Yamaguchi
- 03/04/2011 20:51 - Gadhafi: Leaders of airstrikes should go, not me