Thursday, 07 April 2011 11:55
President Benigno S. Aquino III has appointed former Finance undersecretary Ma. Gracia Pulido-Tan and erstwhile state auditor Heidi Mendoza as chairman (ad interim) and commissioner (ad interim) of the Commission on Audit (COA) respectively.
Before her appointment, Pulido-Tan was undersecretary of Finance for Revenue Operations until February 15, 2005. She likewise became a consultant for Chinese government’s tax policy under the auspices of the Asian Development Bank.
Pulido-Tan, a lawyer, will be replacing COA chairman Reynaldo Villar.
Pulido-Tan finished her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at the University of the Philippines, where she also completed her Bachelor of Laws. She then took her Masters of Law at New York University, as a Gerald L. Wallace Scholar.
Mendoza will be taking the post vacated by Evelyn San Buenaventura, according to Secretary Ramon Carandang of the Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning office.
Mendoza led a team of state auditors that looked into military transactions between 2004 and 2006. She testified in the plunder case against the plunder case of retired Armed forces comptroller general Carlos Garcia.
Mendoza also opposed the prosecutors’ decision to enter into a plea bargain deal with the retired major general and testified in a Senate inquiry on the Garcia plea bargain.
She finished her master’s degree in national security administration in 2003 at the National Defense College of the Philippines (NDCP). A daughter of a police officer, and a military reserve officer herself, Mendoza has a rank of lieutenant colonel.
Pulido-Tan will remain at COA until February 2, 2015, while Mendoza will serve until February 2, 2018. (PCOO/PIA9-BaSulTa)
- 08/04/2011 12:33 - Binay facilitates repatriation of overstaying OFWs?
- 08/04/2011 12:32 - DOLE confers award on first Pinay to pass Japan nursing exam
- 08/04/2011 12:31 - I aim to shock the world and beat Pacquiao, vows Mosley
- 08/04/2011 12:30 - PAL passenger complains, losses tool in bag
- 08/04/2011 12:29 - Gov't allays public fears on rising cost of basic commodities
- 07/04/2011 11:55 - Government agencies need to help in dissemination of information - Coloma
- 07/04/2011 11:55 - Aquino swears in more gov't officials
- 07/04/2011 11:54 - MGB successful in “cleansing” mining applications nationwide
- 07/04/2011 11:54 - Ochoa: Steps being taken to address security problems in Mindanao
- 06/04/2011 17:11 - 38th Farm Family Forum and Achievement Day slated today