Tuesday, 12 April 2011 11:16
The Department of Science and Technology–IX (DOST-IX), in cooperation with the Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI) and various inventors’ organizations in the region, is staging the 2011 Regional Invention Contests and Exhibits (RICE 2011) in May this year.
RICE 2011 is the elimination/qualifying round for the National Invention Contest which will be held in July 2012. The competition shall serve as venue for showcasing the products of creativity /inventiveness/ingenuity of local inventors and researchers. It is one of the Department’s initiatives to help develop a more productive and innovative S&T sector.
Local researchers and inventors who have developed new and innovative projects / models are invited to participate in any of the six (6) categories: 1) Invention (Tuklas Award); 2) Utility Model; 3) Industrial Design; 4) Creative Research (Likha Award); 5) Student Creative Research-College Level (Sibol Award); and 6) Student Creative Research-High School Level (Sibol Award).
Application forms and other details about the Competition may be secured from the DOST-IX Regional Office at Pettit Barracks, Zamboanga City. (DOST-IX PRESS RELEASE)
- 13/04/2011 11:56 - Japan to raise nuke accident severity level to highest 7 from 5
- 13/04/2011 11:53 - ‘Let us learn from our veterans,’ says Aquino
- 13/04/2011 11:51 - Palace forms high-level crisis team to assist Filipinos in conflict areas abroad
- 12/04/2011 11:42 - Indonesia to host ASEAN Fair in November
- 12/04/2011 11:39 - Workers begin installing enclosures in Japan to prevent sea contamination
- 11/04/2011 11:05 - Conditional cash transfer program extended assistance to 400,000 familes - Coloma
- 10/04/2011 14:46 - Pacquiao-Mosley duel is Arum’s 1,760th world title promotion
- 10/04/2011 14:44 - DOT conducts basic tourism statistics training
- 10/04/2011 14:42 - Spend Holy Week doing charitable works, says prelate
- 08/04/2011 12:33 - Binay facilitates repatriation of overstaying OFWs?