Thursday, 14 April 2011 11:13
The Provincial Government of Sulu has won the coveted “Best e-LGU Website” at the prestigious 12th Philippine Web Awards (PWA).
Sulu, one of five provinces under the Muslim autonomous region, bested three other provinces and two highly urbanized cities for the prestigious award. The others were the municipality of Del Carmen in Surigao del Norte, Padada municipality in Davao del Sur, Lanao del Norte, and the cities of Zamboanga and Manila.
Del Carmen municipality also bagged the “People’s Choice” award. The awarding was held April 8 at the Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, RCBC Plaza in Ayala Avenue in Makati City.
Prior to the awarding, the governor of Sulu, Dr. Sakur Tan said: “We are working really hard to catch up with the advent of technology and through our website, we are able to inform not only our people, but the whole world about the good province of Sulu and its achievements not only in governance, but a lot more which reflects our rich culture and colorful heritage.”
The PWA is the most prestigious award giving event in the Philippines and over 1000 entries are joining each year. This will be very beneficial for the Sulu website because it is a well-known national event and is recognized by the entire IT (Information Technology) community.
It recognizes the best Filipino-created web sites and honors the individuals and teams behind them. The PWA said it continues to attract participants in the Philippines and abroad and gain support from major industry players.
Over the years, the PWA honors outstanding Filipino talent in the field of Web design and development. The finalists and winners not only garner appreciation from their peers, but also career growth and bigger opportunities.
Last year, the PWA ended with a number of first-time winners holding the coveted trophies for Best Websites and People’s Choice Awards. Led by service-oriented and content-driven Websites, the 2009 winners were bound by common goals such as achieving global online presence, extending their communications reach, and improving content. (Al Jacinto)
- 14/04/2011 11:21 - NCMF recogizes Osmena, Querol as 'sultans' of Cebu & Panay
- 14/04/2011 11:17 - Ochoa: Palace to build 20,000 houses for PNP, AFP personnel
- 14/04/2011 11:16 - DOH, Philhealth distribute 17,100 PhilHealth cards in ZamboSur
- 14/04/2011 11:15 - Alcala allays fears over shrinking rice supply
- 14/04/2011 11:14 - Gov’t steps up campaign to eliminate rice wastage
- 13/04/2011 11:58 - Aquino reiterates calls for text vote for Palawan's Underground River
- 13/04/2011 11:57 - DSWD trains volunteers of poor KALAHI-CIDSS towns to sustain empowerment, development
- 13/04/2011 11:56 - Japan to raise nuke accident severity level to highest 7 from 5
- 13/04/2011 11:53 - ‘Let us learn from our veterans,’ says Aquino
- 13/04/2011 11:51 - Palace forms high-level crisis team to assist Filipinos in conflict areas abroad