Thursday, 14 April 2011 11:16
PAGADIAN CITY – The Department of Health (DOH) and Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), Zamboanga del Sur office in coordination with the provincial government and other government agencies have successfully distributed PhilHealth cards for free to 17,100 indigent families of the province.
ZamboSur PhilHealth Service Officer Estrella S.Manantan said families were identified by the National Household Targeting System (NHTS) of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
Manantan said the distribution which was launched in October 2, 2010 in Dumalinao during the Nationwide PhilHealth Registration Day (NPRD) was successfully completed in March 25, 2011 in Dinas.
Manantan said PhilHealth cards were distributed in following municipalities: Kumalarang, Labangan, Lapuyan, Midsalip, Sominot,Tambulig, and Tigbao.
The distribution of PhilHealth cards, Manantan said is part of Pres. Benigno Simeon “Noynoy” Aquino’s commitment to ensure success of all his social services program especially those pertaining to health services.
Manantan said the agency’s undertaking is in compliance with the marching order of the President to attain universal PhilHealth coverage in three years.
The PhilHealth chief said some P16,474,800 was appropriated by the national government to the province of Zamboanga del Sur for the payment of cost of insurance premiums of the beneficiaries annually.
Manantan thanked the DOH and the provincial government for actively supporting the program and to the beneficiaries as well for availing the government’s program. (NBE/GCC-PIA9,ZamboSur)
- 14/04/2011 11:25 - Indonesia moving to join IMT on Mindanao peace efforts
- 14/04/2011 11:23 - Malaysian deputy defense minister conveys hope for peace in Mindanao
- 14/04/2011 11:22 - Mindanao Examiner streams 70 online radio, tv broadcasts
- 14/04/2011 11:21 - NCMF recogizes Osmena, Querol as 'sultans' of Cebu & Panay
- 14/04/2011 11:17 - Ochoa: Palace to build 20,000 houses for PNP, AFP personnel
- 14/04/2011 11:15 - Alcala allays fears over shrinking rice supply
- 14/04/2011 11:14 - Gov’t steps up campaign to eliminate rice wastage
- 14/04/2011 11:13 - Sulu Gov't wins coveted Philippine Web Awards 2011
- 13/04/2011 11:58 - Aquino reiterates calls for text vote for Palawan's Underground River
- 13/04/2011 11:57 - DSWD trains volunteers of poor KALAHI-CIDSS towns to sustain empowerment, development