Monday, 18 April 2011 12:58
For many Filipinos, Holy Week is a time to reflect and ponder on the passion and death of Jesus Christ, a time for family bonding and a time to take a much needed break from the daily grind.
Not for President Benigno S. Aquino III.
In an interview with members of media during his inspection of the PhilBio Alternative Power Generation Facility of the Babiana Farms and Mills in General Santos City on Thursday, the Chief Executive said his Holy Week schedule would be like any work week he’s been having since he assumed office close to 10 months ago - hectic.
He said that he would dedicate this year’s observance of Holy Week to making sure that all Filipinos travelling to their respective provinces would arrive safely at their respective destinations.
“So ako po iyong tutulong magbantay na merong sasakyan lahat ng patungo kung saan, kung barko, kung bus o eroplano; manigurado na rin po akong maayos iyong paglalakbay nila papunta at pabalik,” the President said.
He added that his choice to work on Holy Week is also because some of his Cabinet members had already asked permission top take some time off during the Lenten break.
“Kaya ako natatawa kasi maraming nagpaalam na magbabakasyon, sa Cabinete for instance, madadagdagan ako ng mga isang lingo dahil sa kanila at hindi naman tayo maka-hindi sa kanila dahil talaga namang puspusan sila at talagang buhos ang kakayahan nila at pagod,” the President said.
He pointed out however that should his work schedule on Good Friday be light, he may opt to spend half of it for himself.
“Sa madaling salita po kung sakasakaling may bakasyon ako o kung malamang hindi masyadong kumikilos ang Good Friday...kalahati po siguro nun akin, iyong iba ho sa bayan ulit,” the President said. (PNA)
- 20/04/2011 14:04 - Aquino vows to see Responsible Parenthood Bill passed into law
- 20/04/2011 14:03 - Growing rice is Zambo farmers’ bet to rise from poverty
- 19/04/2011 21:06 - Death toll from March 11 quake, tsunami in Japan nears 13,800
- 19/04/2011 20:59 - RDO 92 bags 20M tax collection increase for the 1st quarter
- 18/04/2011 13:00 - Government is doing its best to protect consumers from oil price increases - Aquino
- 16/04/2011 12:17 - Mindanao State University stops unauthorized collections
- 16/04/2011 12:13 - Looking for extra income? MZone is now hiring!
- 15/04/2011 11:01 - ARMM seeks decisive role in handling ODA funds
- 14/04/2011 11:26 - DAR steps up land distribution program
- 14/04/2011 11:25 - Indonesia moving to join IMT on Mindanao peace efforts