Tuesday, 19 April 2011 20:59
PAGADIAN CITY – “This year’s nationwide deadline for filing of income tax returns (ITRs) has only less number of taxpayers compared to last year’s filing,” says revenue district officer Atty. Nasrollah B. Ccnding in an interview with PIA staff on Friday’s deadline for filing ITRs at the revenue district office (RDO) 92 here.
Conding said the district office did not experience large influx of taxpayers due to the successful implementation of the agency’s tax information campaign drive which started in February 26. Mainly, the campaign aimed at informing the public of their responsibility to pay taxes.
Conding said the few number of taxpayers who filed on Friday was attributed to the early filing of ITRs by majority of those in the government service, active information support from members of Zamboanga del Sur-Pagadian Press Club, Inc (ZPPI) and the agency’s officers and employees particularly the assistant RDO, supervisors, examiners, and collection agents.
“I am very thankful to the tax payers for their cooperation as well as the stakeholders who exerted much effort in the realization of our campaign,” Conding said.
Meanwhile, Conding aspires to further improve the collection of taxes every year following the quota that BIR central office has given to them.
“Our journey is really to improve the collection of taxes,” Conding said. “Even if the revenue district office 92 is the only district office in Zamboanga Peninsula that consistently surpasses its collection goals, we always aspire to continue improving our collection,” Conding added.
Conding said the district office has increased its collection of P20-M from the 1st quarter this year, which has a total collection of P89-M. “For the first 15 days of April, we have collected around P20-M,” Conding proudly reported.
On head count, almost 10,000 taxpayers filed their ITRs at RDO 92 on Friday.
By BE/GCC-PIA9, ZamboSur
- 25/04/2011 14:41 - Youth Solidarity for Peace gears up Summer Peace Activities
- 20/04/2011 14:04 - Palace welcomes BIR's hiked 1st quarter collection
- 20/04/2011 14:04 - Aquino vows to see Responsible Parenthood Bill passed into law
- 20/04/2011 14:03 - Growing rice is Zambo farmers’ bet to rise from poverty
- 19/04/2011 21:06 - Death toll from March 11 quake, tsunami in Japan nears 13,800
- 18/04/2011 13:00 - Government is doing its best to protect consumers from oil price increases - Aquino
- 18/04/2011 12:58 - Holy Week to remain a work week for P-Noy
- 16/04/2011 12:17 - Mindanao State University stops unauthorized collections
- 16/04/2011 12:13 - Looking for extra income? MZone is now hiring!
- 15/04/2011 11:01 - ARMM seeks decisive role in handling ODA funds