Wednesday, 20 April 2011 14:04
President Benigno S. Aquino III said that he is committed to seeing the Responsible Parenthood bill passed into law despite the growing number of those opposed to it.
In his speech keynoting the 100th General Commencement Exercises of the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City. the President said that he is ready to go “door-to-door” to discuss the salient features of the said bill in order to win their support.
“Buo ang loob ko na maisabatas ang prinsipyo ng Responsible Parenthood,” the President said.
“Mulat ako na may mga tutol dito, subalit obligasyon ko bilang pinuno na lumapit sa lahat ng sektor, para kausapin at magpaliwanag sa kanila nang mahinahon—kahit pa ang sabi ng iba’y dapat i-excommunicate na ako,” he added.
He said that as President of the Republic of the Philippines, the final decision that will benefit the majority of Filipinos has to be made.
“Pero sa huli, kailangan kong magdesisyon. Kailangan ko pa ring sundin ang aking kunsensiya. Kailangan kong gawin ang tama,” the President said. (PCOO/PIA9-BST)
- 25/04/2011 14:43 - Japan, China, S. Korea trade ministers meet over quake, investment
- 25/04/2011 14:43 - 6 OFWs rescued from war-torn Libyan city
- 25/04/2011 14:43 - Pianist gets death sentence for murder
- 25/04/2011 14:41 - Youth Solidarity for Peace gears up Summer Peace Activities
- 20/04/2011 14:04 - Palace welcomes BIR's hiked 1st quarter collection
- 20/04/2011 14:03 - Growing rice is Zambo farmers’ bet to rise from poverty
- 19/04/2011 21:06 - Death toll from March 11 quake, tsunami in Japan nears 13,800
- 19/04/2011 20:59 - RDO 92 bags 20M tax collection increase for the 1st quarter
- 18/04/2011 13:00 - Government is doing its best to protect consumers from oil price increases - Aquino
- 18/04/2011 12:58 - Holy Week to remain a work week for P-Noy