Monday, 25 April 2011 14:44
The resurrection of Jesus Christ opens for every Christian an invitation to a renewed conduct and way of life, Manila Archbishop Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales said in an Easter message.
Although to respond to a call for renewal is not easy to do, “especially if it meant getting rid of one’s selfish and pleasure-seeking ways,” still Jesus’ resurrection offers hope to every Christian, Rosales added.
“The resurrection of Jesus opened to us new ways of behaving, honest relationships, a compassionate mutual sharing of goodness -- and a distinctively Christian love and care for the value of life,” the Cardinal stressed.
Urging the faithful to pray and support efforts to achieve honest and good governance in the country, he said aspirations for a “new and honest leadership, like the newness of Christ’s resurrection ushers hope among those who believe in inspiring service.”
The challenge of this new life, he said, is to trust in the truthfulness of others which is guaranteed by the resurrection of Jesus. (PNA)
- 26/04/2011 10:50 - JBC begins screening 27 aspirants for 2 SC posts
- 25/04/2011 14:45 - E Kalimantan has 1,725 HIV/AIDS cases
- 25/04/2011 14:45 - House passes bill granting athlete benefits
- 25/04/2011 14:44 - DA-9 supports “Binhian Sa Barangay”
- 25/04/2011 14:44 - DOE asks Malampaya consortium to sell excess gas
- 25/04/2011 14:43 - Japan, China, S. Korea trade ministers meet over quake, investment
- 25/04/2011 14:43 - 6 OFWs rescued from war-torn Libyan city
- 25/04/2011 14:43 - Pianist gets death sentence for murder
- 25/04/2011 14:41 - Youth Solidarity for Peace gears up Summer Peace Activities
- 20/04/2011 14:04 - Palace welcomes BIR's hiked 1st quarter collection