Monday, 02 May 2011 11:53
As a show of gratitude, the drum and lyre group of Zambowood Elementary School the other day displayed their dancing rendition before Congressman Erbie Fabian and party during the third day of the barangay fonda held at the basketball court of Zambowood, this city.
Zambowood Elementary School Principal Floriano Lumagbas thanked Fabian for the 50 sets of uniforms donated to the members of the drum and lyre group.
“This is a dream come true to our student-members of the drum and lyre group. I still remember when our congressman came to this community several months ago to do a similar program, I requested if he could donate a brand new uniforms to our students and he immediately said YES. And now our drum and lyre members are using t proudly. In behalf of the faculty and students I would like to thank Congressman Fabian for this laudable act,” Lumagbas said.
At the same time, Fabian asked the students to study hard and to hopefully try to win in the forthcoming drum and lyre competition.
In his Erbie Fabian Show, the congressman also distributed grocery items, t-shirts, basketball and volleyball balls and belt bags to thousands or residents present in the program.
The other surprises included dances, singing, magic tricks, belly and Hawaiian dance and many others.
By Nonong Santiago
- 07/05/2011 15:02 - Casimiro takes over Gutierrez as Ombudsman
- 06/05/2011 13:16 - Mindanao firms highlighted at IFEX 2011
- 04/05/2011 11:31 - Chiz bats for review of Labor Code
- 04/05/2011 11:30 - WMSU-CCJE dean organizes specialists on questioned documents
- 04/05/2011 11:26 - ZCWD “greens” buffer zone of the watershed
- 02/05/2011 11:52 - Thousands attend Labor Day celebration
- 30/04/2011 11:51 - Trapping threatens near extinct Philippine eagle
- 30/04/2011 11:50 - Ombudsman submits resignation to PNoy
- 29/04/2011 14:16 - Una invitacion con los compoblanos de Zamboanga
- 29/04/2011 14:15 - PhilAm provides education opportunities despite conflict