Saturday, 07 May 2011 15:02
Overall Deputy Ombudsman (ODO) Orlando Casimiro took the helm of the Office of the Ombudsman (Ombudsman) on Friday when the resignation of Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez took effect.
Casimiro has retired from the service after rendering 21 years in government service, but returned as ODO.
This, as resigned Ombudsman Gutierrez on Wednesday bade farewell to the officials and employees of the Office of the Ombudsman.
Gutierrez was the first and only lady Ombudsman for the last five years. Her 40 years in government service ends on Friday.
In her emotional speech before the rank-and-file employees of the Ombudsman, Gutierrez said that she will leave the Office of the Ombudsman not only for the sake of her family and the Office, but also for the sake of the nation.
Holding her tears back, she said that Casimiro is a "silent worker" and an effective and efficient ODO.
She assured that, as a private citizen, she will continue to observe whatever is taking place in the Ombudsman and will report also to the Ombudsman whatever anomalies in government she would discover.
The outgoing Ombudsman likewise urged the members of the media to also report on the good news and not only the bad news in government. (Perfecto T. Raymundo Jr. - PNA/PIA9-BST)
- 10/05/2011 12:10 - Aquino allays rumors of Cabinet revamp
- 10/05/2011 12:09 - Phl open skies policy, a step towards connectivity plan in region - ASEAN
- 09/05/2011 12:45 - DFA chief pushes for PHL initiatives in achieving ASEAN Community in preparatory meetings
- 09/05/2011 12:44 - Bin Laden 'lived for 5 years in Pakistan house'
- 09/05/2011 12:43 - PDEA, PNP Dipolog scores anew, former City Councilor Falls
- 06/05/2011 13:16 - Mindanao firms highlighted at IFEX 2011
- 04/05/2011 11:31 - Chiz bats for review of Labor Code
- 04/05/2011 11:30 - WMSU-CCJE dean organizes specialists on questioned documents
- 04/05/2011 11:26 - ZCWD “greens” buffer zone of the watershed
- 02/05/2011 11:53 - Zambowood students grateful for Fabian's uniform donation