Tuesday, 10 May 2011 12:10
Jakarta - President Benigno S. Aquino III has expressed full confidence in his Cabinet as he made it clear that he is not considering any revamp within the officials in the Executive department.
The President made the announcement at an informal press briefing with the Malacanang Press Corps on Saturday at the Four Seasons Hotel following his attendance at the 18th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit here.
“I am empowered to reorganize the Executive branch to a large degree at any given time. Tinatanong ako kung may Cabinet revamp, kung sino ang papalitan ko, sabi ko, I’m happy with the Cabinet… so why should there be a revamp?” the Chief Executive said.
The President cited the dedicated performance of his Cabinet exerting extra efforts to ensure the delivery of basic needs to the Filipino people.
“Isa sa pinaka-vital role diyan is when I tell any of the Cabinet secretaries to do something, or lalo na pag multiple Cabinet secretaries, to attend to something, we want to make sure that the output is delivered at an appropriate time or ahead of the schedule,” the President said.
The President recognized the hard work, sincerity and commitment of the Cabinet in pursuing the social contract of the Aquino administration anchored on transparency and accountability in public service.
“How hardworking is the Cabinet? Si Leila (Justice Secretary De Lima) siguro, I see her mga three times a week… baka four times pa nga, feeling ko kaaalis lang niya, bumabalik na siya. And that goes for everybody, yung DTI (Department of Trade and Industry) pag titingnan mo, is it a glamorous position? Is it a position na kailangan na araw-araw nasa TV? Pero siya yung workhorse na pumunta ng Amerika at nakuha yung $ 2.4 million na investment, pumunta ng Japan yung initial tranche na 2.6 (million), pumunta ng Europe, same thing, sa China ganun din… habang kumukuha ng investors, binabantayan din ang presyo sa mga palengke …,” President Aquino said.
He noted that despite the minimal pay, the Cabinet members have been focused on their duties, producing results in their respective functions.
The President made the clarification to address the lingering issue of revamp within the Executive department. (PNA)
- 12/05/2011 13:11 - Batch '96 is the champ! By Miguel C. Liozo, Jr.
- 10/05/2011 12:14 - Aquino bares five-fold increase in ADB-funded E-Strike production
- 10/05/2011 12:14 - Indonesian government keen on adopting 'Pantawid Pasada' Program
- 10/05/2011 12:13 - P-Noy says Pinoys who wish to avail rice subsidy will pass through NHTS
- 10/05/2011 12:11 - PNP nabs ‘Sayyaf’ man in Manila mall
- 10/05/2011 12:09 - Phl open skies policy, a step towards connectivity plan in region - ASEAN
- 09/05/2011 12:45 - DFA chief pushes for PHL initiatives in achieving ASEAN Community in preparatory meetings
- 09/05/2011 12:44 - Bin Laden 'lived for 5 years in Pakistan house'
- 09/05/2011 12:43 - PDEA, PNP Dipolog scores anew, former City Councilor Falls
- 07/05/2011 15:02 - Casimiro takes over Gutierrez as Ombudsman