Tuesday, 10 May 2011 12:11
Elements of the Philippine National Police (PNP) arrested on Sunday a suspected Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) member at a shopping mall in Manila.
PNP spokesman Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz said that National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) operatives pounced upon Asdatul Sahirun, alias Abu Nawas and alias Kirih Hamid Sahirun, at around 11:40 a.m. at Robinsons Mall along Pedro Gil St. in Malate, Manila.
Cruz said Sahirun has standing warrants of arrest for nine counts of murder and four counts of frustrated murder issued by Regional Trial Court (RTC) Judge Leo Jay T. Principe of Isabela in Basilan province.
The PNP official said Sahirun is included in the Department of National Defense (DND) and Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) monetary reward list with P3.3 million reward for his neutralization.
Sahirun was brought to the NCRPO headquarters in Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig City by his arresting officers.
"Initial investigation revealed that Sahirun is in Metro Manila to evade arrest in Mindanao, but PNP operatives were able to track down his whereabouts,” Cruz said. (PNA)
- 12/05/2011 13:12 - Soldiers can now avail of affordable homes
- 12/05/2011 13:11 - Batch '96 is the champ! By Miguel C. Liozo, Jr.
- 10/05/2011 12:14 - Aquino bares five-fold increase in ADB-funded E-Strike production
- 10/05/2011 12:14 - Indonesian government keen on adopting 'Pantawid Pasada' Program
- 10/05/2011 12:13 - P-Noy says Pinoys who wish to avail rice subsidy will pass through NHTS
- 10/05/2011 12:10 - Aquino allays rumors of Cabinet revamp
- 10/05/2011 12:09 - Phl open skies policy, a step towards connectivity plan in region - ASEAN
- 09/05/2011 12:45 - DFA chief pushes for PHL initiatives in achieving ASEAN Community in preparatory meetings
- 09/05/2011 12:44 - Bin Laden 'lived for 5 years in Pakistan house'
- 09/05/2011 12:43 - PDEA, PNP Dipolog scores anew, former City Councilor Falls