Thursday, 12 May 2011 13:16
The “Search for Good ARMM (Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao) Leadership” is on.
This was the theme of the consultation/meeting organized by the Islamic Movement on Electoral Reform for Good Government (IMERGG) and the Muslim Multi-Sectoral Movement for Peace and Development (MMMPD) in collaboration with the Reform ARMM Now (RAN)!
Held at Indarapatra Hall, Barangay Banggolo, Marawi City, recently, the activity was intended to gather and discuss the criteria for good leadership, as well, as the characteristics of a good leader to be appointed or to be elected in the coming August 8, 2011 ARMM elections.
Stakeholders from various organizations and sectors in the province who have called for reforms in the management of ARMM shared their different perspectives on how to enhance good leadership for the entire autonomous region.
Datu Abdullah ‘Lacs’ Dalidig, IMERGG Chairperson and MMMPD, said graft and corruption has always been the problem in the region thus the need for the search of good leader in the ARMM.
He said a good leader is to whom people can entrust the peace and development in autonomous region showing to the national government Bangsamoro’s capability to govern their own land.
Datu Salic Ibrahim also gave the history of RAN coalition, which is also pushing for the postponement of the ARMM polls to give way for the institution of reforms that will benefit majority of the people in the region. (Apipa Bagumbaran-PIA10/BST)
- 16/05/2011 13:42 - America shows off warship that buried bin Laden
- 16/05/2011 13:42 - SC conducts ‘Justice on Wheels’ orientation in Dipolog
- 16/05/2011 13:41 - Mummified Playboy Playmate died of heart failure
- 16/05/2011 13:40 - ZamPen medical doctors undergo training on pesticide poisoning treatment
- 13/05/2011 11:59 - RDC IX convenes 136th meeting in Siquijor
- 12/05/2011 13:15 - Bahraini gov’t prefers Filipino nurses to fill up job openings
- 12/05/2011 13:15 - House body to conduct nationwide consultation on Cha-cha
- 12/05/2011 13:14 - Ex-MNLF grows high-value marine products in Tawi-Tawi
- 12/05/2011 13:13 - GPH panel member speaks to top humanitarian journalists
- 12/05/2011 13:12 - Death toll from Japan quake nears 15,000