Friday, 13 May 2011 11:59
The Regional Development Council (RDC) IX conducted its 136th Meeting cum Orientation and Team Building on May 4-5, 2011 at Agripino Hotel, Salagdoong Beach, Siquijor.
Among the major items presented and discussed during the meeting were the updates on the status of Zamboanga West Coast Road Project, briefing on the government’s Emergency Employment Program, the official position of Pagadian City government on the RDC IX decision on the regional transfer, and the National Greening Program.
To strengthen the RDC as the highest policy-making body at the regional level, the members were briefed on the Official Development Assistance to facilitate access to various funding sources for corresponding project proposals to address particular regional concerns. Diplomatic protocol arrangements covering flag, formal dining, negotiations, seat, and other related arrangements were also presented. A timely presentation of a representative from the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology on earthquake and tsunami hazards was also appreciated by the members. Faultlines in Zamboanga Peninsula and the past and recent earth movements in the region and other areas in the country, highlighted the PHIVOLCS’ presentation.
The Siliman University Government Affairs Center conducted the team building activities for the RDC members. It facilitated bonding among RDC IX officials and members to strengthen work environment as a group as it generated active involvement and participation of everyone.
By Vilma M. Julian, NEDA IX
- 17/05/2011 11:54 - P-Noy advocates regular exercise
- 16/05/2011 13:42 - America shows off warship that buried bin Laden
- 16/05/2011 13:42 - SC conducts ‘Justice on Wheels’ orientation in Dipolog
- 16/05/2011 13:41 - Mummified Playboy Playmate died of heart failure
- 16/05/2011 13:40 - ZamPen medical doctors undergo training on pesticide poisoning treatment
- 12/05/2011 13:16 - The search for good ARMM leadership is on
- 12/05/2011 13:15 - Bahraini gov’t prefers Filipino nurses to fill up job openings
- 12/05/2011 13:15 - House body to conduct nationwide consultation on Cha-cha
- 12/05/2011 13:14 - Ex-MNLF grows high-value marine products in Tawi-Tawi
- 12/05/2011 13:13 - GPH panel member speaks to top humanitarian journalists