Tuesday, 24 May 2011 12:49
Isabela City, Basilan – The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) – ARMM has adopted Patrick L. Nor as “Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) baby” of the agency last Wednesday, May 18, 2011 for his achievement in athletics as a Palarong Pambansang 2011 champion in athletics.
DOLE-ARMM secretary Myra M. Alih said the beneficiary shall enjoy the benefits of the said program until he will finish college.
“This is one way of assuring the he will continue his studies here in the ARMM region and will help sustain his training on the said sport,” Alih said.
The secretary added that other agencies such as the Office of the Regional Governor will also give Nor scholarship and other incentives for the honor that he gave to the region.
SPES is a regular program of DOLE-ARMM that is implemented every summer. According to the labor secretary in ARMM, Nor is part of the 2,490 recipients of this program this year.
Each will received the 40% counterpart of the office by the end of this month that is intended for their tuition and other school fees.
Alih said that naming Nor as its “SPES baby” is part of the mission of the department in achieving goal to promote decent job for the youth. (DOLE-ARMM/RVC PIA9-BaSulTa)
- 26/05/2011 14:51 - Mindanao fruit, veggie growers now earn better, says GEM
- 26/05/2011 14:51 - RH bill not USAID deal – Coloma
- 26/05/2011 14:50 - Aquino directs concerned government agencies to ensure ‘zero casualty’ during a typhoon
- 26/05/2011 14:49 - STI College conducts intensive BSN skills enhancement training
- 25/05/2011 12:10 - Ombudsman orders filing of criminal raps vs. Customs police director
- 23/05/2011 12:51 - Palace welcomes CBCP clarification that threat of ‘civil disobedience’ is not official
- 23/05/2011 12:50 - Another Maguindanao massacre suspect arrested
- 23/05/2011 12:50 - PNP tightens recruitment process to weed out potential ‘scalawags’
- 23/05/2011 12:48 - Gov’t to increase Q2 ’11 spending
- 19/05/2011 15:45 - Santiago confident to defend RH bill in Senate