Thursday, 26 May 2011 14:51
PCOO Seretary Hermino S. Coloma, Jr. belies reports that the Reproductive Health (RH) bill is a bargaining chip of the Aquino government with United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in exchange for US assistance to the Philippines.
“Wala akong impormasyon tungkol diyan. Doon sa mga nagsasabi, i-specify nila kung saan nila ito nakita (I am not aware of any information related to that. To those who are implying this, please specify where they found it),” Coloma said.
During the Communication and News Exchange (CNEX) forum today, National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) Secretary Cayetano W. Paderanga, Jr. admitted that responsible parenthood, which is the 'heart' of the RH bill, is part of the Philippine Development Plan (PDP) for 2011-2016.
Paderanga though was quick in explaining that he has not heard of any offer related to this.
Paderanga, who was the guest of honor of CNEX, presented to the media the PDP of the Aquino administration, visioned at creating growth in economy at 7 – 8 percent every year for at least six years; growth that generates mass employment; and growth that reduces poverty, including achievement or surpassing the Millenium Development Goals.
Specifically, the PDP targets to reduce poverty incidence by 16.6 percent in 2015, from 33.1 percent in 1991; create one million jobs yearly; reduce the unemployment rate by 6.8 – 7.2 percent yet growing the labor force by 2.75 annually; reach a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) rate of 7-8 percent; foster investments in the country by 22 percent; and implement other MDG goals.
Coloma said the mapping out of the country’s PDP was through what he termed as “stakeholders’ approach,” which thoroughly gathered the input of concerned sectors and critical players in country development through consultations. Hence, the delay. (PIA-NCR/ RJB/ DBNV)
- 27/05/2011 13:50 - China drought impact widens, reaching Shanghai
- 27/05/2011 13:49 - Kidnapped trader freed in Mindanao
- 26/05/2011 14:52 - Archbishop calls for sobriety on RH bill issue
- 26/05/2011 14:51 - DOJ says spread of illegal drugs, liquors and prostitution in NBP is rampant
- 26/05/2011 14:51 - Mindanao fruit, veggie growers now earn better, says GEM
- 26/05/2011 14:50 - Aquino directs concerned government agencies to ensure ‘zero casualty’ during a typhoon
- 26/05/2011 14:49 - STI College conducts intensive BSN skills enhancement training
- 25/05/2011 12:10 - Ombudsman orders filing of criminal raps vs. Customs police director
- 24/05/2011 12:49 - DOLE-ARMM names ‘SPES baby’
- 23/05/2011 12:51 - Palace welcomes CBCP clarification that threat of ‘civil disobedience’ is not official