Friday, 27 May 2011 13:50
House Deputy Speaker for Mindanao Beng Climaco has manifested support to ensure a better learning environment for the city’s public school students by participating and assisting the Department of Education (DEPED) in its school maintenance program dubbed “Brigada Eskwela 2011”.
Though in Manila performing her duties and responsibilities as officer of the House of Representatives, Cong. Climaco has instructed her congressional staff based in the city to volunteer and help in the repairs and maintenance work in public schools through Brigada Eskwela program that kicked off Monday, May 24.
Specifically, Climaco’s staff proceeded to Labuan National High School Monday, May 24 to help teachers, parents, students and other groups in making the school ready for the school opening next week.
Yesterday, the group also voluntarily devoted their time and skills to do repairs and maintenance work at the Zamboanga National High School-west in Baliwasan.
Aside from volunteering their time and skills, the District I congressional staff also distributed tee-shirts and some working paraphernalia to other volunteers.
The Brigada Eskwela is a weeklong schools maintenance program that brings together education stakeholders who contribute their time, effort and resources to help uplift the status of public education.
Services that can be done in the schools are masonry, carpentry for the repair of chairs and furnitures, plumbing, electrical and electronic, landscaping and gardening for the beautification of the school.
The Brigada Eskwela program is mandated through a DEPED circular and is intended to “spread the benefits and assure the pupils that all schools are ready for class opening.”
By Rham Joseph Cabasag
- 29/05/2011 00:00 - Senate panel okays fixed 3-year term for AFP Chief of Staff
- 29/05/2011 00:00 - Rorie Aradanas mounts 3rd solo art exhibit
- 29/05/2011 00:00 - Europeans seek UN condemnation of Syria
- 28/05/2011 00:00 - Government urges boycott of illegal traders of black corals
- 28/05/2011 00:00 - TESDA-accredited workers to get promotion, salary increase - Villanueva
- 27/05/2011 13:50 - China drought impact widens, reaching Shanghai
- 27/05/2011 13:49 - Kidnapped trader freed in Mindanao
- 26/05/2011 14:52 - Archbishop calls for sobriety on RH bill issue
- 26/05/2011 14:51 - DOJ says spread of illegal drugs, liquors and prostitution in NBP is rampant
- 26/05/2011 14:51 - Mindanao fruit, veggie growers now earn better, says GEM