Sunday, 29 May 2011 00:00
Zamboanguena artist Rorie Tan Aradanas will mount her 3rd solo art show dubbed “Expression from the heart” (Otravez con Amor) on June 8, 2011 at the Ateneo Gallery of Peninsula and Archipelago.
Aradanas, a well renowned visual artist will feature new works ranging from her trademarked floral renditions to mother and child presentations.
“This forthcoming art show means a lot to my advocacy of environment and of course the unwaivering love of a mother to her child. This exhibit is a homage to the things that many of us may have taken for granted. The works hope to reinvigorate our emulation to mother earth and dedication of the mothers to their children and family”. Aradanas said.
“Expression from the heart” is also a benefit art show as part of the proceeds will go to the Holy Trinity Church at Pasonanca.
Aradanas’ first solo show entitled “ideas” was in 1994 at Trinity college in Manila. Her second solo was in 2001 dubbed “Flores con Amor” held at the national museum at Fort Pilar.
Among the patrons of this art show are; Dr. & Mrs Romeo Fernandez, Valerie Valera, Pilar College batch 1974, Rosel Fox, Laura Fuerte, Gumix Rubber and Development and Marketing Corporation, Pasonanca Hardware, and Rudy Aradanas and family.
Cong. Erbie Fabian, Cong Beng Climaco, Mayor Celso Lobregat and Archbishop Romulo Valles, Dr. Rodel Agbulos are expected to grace the opening of the show.
“I am also inspired by the support that my fellow artists are giving to me to really continue with this GOD-given talent, in sharing the thoughts of love and care for our environment. This early I wish to thank Rameer Tawasil, Lorna Jumalon and family, Sandra Jamiro, Isidro Floreta and Councilor Gerky Valesco who for many years have been a great circle of supporters”. Aradanas said.
- 31/05/2011 13:34 - Navy outreach mission serves 7,000 Tawi-Tawi indigents
- 30/05/2011 12:22 - GMA-7's website hacked
- 30/05/2011 12:20 - Bacolod romps to inaugural PFF Suzuki U23 title
- 30/05/2011 12:20 - VIP treatment of wealthy prisoners denounced
- 29/05/2011 00:00 - Senate panel okays fixed 3-year term for AFP Chief of Staff
- 29/05/2011 00:00 - Europeans seek UN condemnation of Syria
- 28/05/2011 00:00 - Government urges boycott of illegal traders of black corals
- 28/05/2011 00:00 - TESDA-accredited workers to get promotion, salary increase - Villanueva
- 27/05/2011 13:50 - Beng supports ‘Brigada Eskwela’ program
- 27/05/2011 13:50 - China drought impact widens, reaching Shanghai