Friday, 03 June 2011 15:18
They came for a summer picnic. And they combined it with a community work.
This is what some 60 orphans from the St. Francis House did last Saturday during their picnic-fieldtrip to the Lumbangan waterfalls where they voluntarily cleaned the waterfalls' basin and the river.
Sacks filled with different types of garbage were collected from the Lumbangan waterfalls and river as St. Francis House's wards were having their fieldtrip to the area as part of their 3-day Scouting Summer Camp activities.
They were led by Bong Bue, the summer camp director, and Ronny Lledo, a volunteer at the St. Francis House orphanage center in Pasonanca, established at Pasonanca 24 years ago by Canadian priest Fr. Arthur Winikoff.
"We want to teach these orphans about the value of cleanliness," Bue said. Earlier, Lledo lectured the orphans on the importance of valuing environment.
The 1st Scouting Summer Camp at St Francis House was held on April 29-May 1. Bong Bue
- 07/06/2011 13:13 - Coloma to govt. info officers: Be responsible writers
- 07/06/2011 13:12 - WMSU High School joins Regional Camp Blog 1F 2011
- 05/06/2011 20:38 - House okays bill seeking to cleanse national voters' list
- 05/06/2011 20:37 - School Gardens to open this June
- 05/06/2011 20:36 - Discussion ongoing for Roxas' official title and functions, says Ochoa
- 03/06/2011 15:17 - Osama Bin Laden Killed in US Military Operation in Pakistan
- 03/06/2011 15:16 - 1st IRSMP Summer Peace Building Course is huge success
- 02/06/2011 12:57 - Palace declares 2011-2020 as National Decade on Biodiversity
- 02/06/2011 12:56 - Isabela City trike operators, drivers flock city hall for Pantawid Pasada
- 02/06/2011 12:55 - Senate approves 3 major bills on third reading