Sunday, 05 June 2011 20:36
Discussions are still ongoing to determine the official title and functions for the appointment of former Senator Manuel to President Benigno Aquino III's Cabinet, Executive Secretary Paquito N. Ochoa Jr. said on Wednesday.
In an interview with reporters at Villamor Air Base, Ochoa said the Palace is dealing with Roxas' appointment "in a more appropriate manner" and "enough circumspection" in relation to laws that created existing government positions and offices.
“We’re still discussing details of his (Roxas) official functions and probably that will be the time to really decide on his official title," Ochoa said. "We’re being careful and we’re exercising enough circumspection in dealing with it."
According to Ochoa, Malacañang is looking at a specific title and function that can remain relevant even after this administration to strengthen the structural organization and the bureaucracy.
“Some positions are well defined in the law some are not, so that’s what we are trying to fix here and we’re hoping that in the administrative aspect of things, this time we’ll come up with better definition of functions," Ochoa said.
“We fix something not based on personalities, not to make things suitable for us per se or for this administration. We fix something to hopefully make the right way of structure, organization and staffing that even after this administration, it can be useful. It should not refer to any particular administration but it should refer rather to what can really work for this country in terms of administering government,” he added.
- 09/06/2011 13:02 - Mindanao local investments upbeat in 2010
- 07/06/2011 13:13 - Coloma to govt. info officers: Be responsible writers
- 07/06/2011 13:12 - WMSU High School joins Regional Camp Blog 1F 2011
- 05/06/2011 20:38 - House okays bill seeking to cleanse national voters' list
- 05/06/2011 20:37 - School Gardens to open this June
- 03/06/2011 15:18 - 60 Zambo orphans help clean up Lumbangan river
- 03/06/2011 15:17 - Osama Bin Laden Killed in US Military Operation in Pakistan
- 03/06/2011 15:16 - 1st IRSMP Summer Peace Building Course is huge success
- 02/06/2011 12:57 - Palace declares 2011-2020 as National Decade on Biodiversity
- 02/06/2011 12:56 - Isabela City trike operators, drivers flock city hall for Pantawid Pasada