Tuesday, 14 June 2011 12:07
Dipolog City - Two suspected drug pushers fell in separate drug buy bust operations jointly conducted by the personnel of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) last week.
Turhan Patrick O. Ong, 58, of Barangay Estaka and Sheila V. Margate, 34, of Central Barangay were caught red-handed hours apart in drug buy bust operations conducted Tuesday by PNP and PDEA at barangays Sta. Isabel and Central Barangay this city.
Ong was seized with small plastic sachets of shabu and marked money at Sta. Isabel while Margate was cornered at Central Barangay.
Although the PNP and PDEA have intensified their campaign against illegal drugs, the number of drug pushers in the city is increasing. Statistics would show that an average of two to three drug pushers got arrested each week.
PDEA agent Jury Rocamora said that the drug abuse problem has already become widespread not only among the young but the adults as well. “Some government officials and employees are reportedly hooked to this vice, too,” stressed the PDEA agent.
Rocamora, however, said that no shabu laboratories yet in the province and the cities of Dipolog and Dapitan. Shabu sold here is said to come from Ozamis City.
By Franklin P. Gumapon - PIA9-ZDN/BST
- 17/06/2011 12:41 - AFP, PNP assure everything under control despite US travel advisory
- 17/06/2011 12:41 - Palace welcomes China’s statement on Spratly row
- 17/06/2011 12:41 - National Youth Commission warns Facebook users
- 17/06/2011 12:40 - Pope appoints as bishops 3 Filipino prelates
- 14/06/2011 12:07 - PHL, China discuss ways to strengthen bilateral economic ties
- 14/06/2011 12:06 - DTI-Zambo Norte to hold SME Negosyo Caravan
- 14/06/2011 12:05 - Foreign direct investments up 142% in March '11
- 14/06/2011 12:03 - Ochoa: 93% of presidential appointive positions filled
- 14/06/2011 12:02 - Zambo Norte, Sibugay - Priority target of DA’s Gulayan sa Paaralan in region 9
- 13/06/2011 12:56 - “My Happy Trip"