Tuesday, 21 June 2011 11:16
Task Force Zamboanga (TFZ) through the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) disclosed the Internal Peace and Security Plan Bayanihan campaign to the Interreligious Solidarity Movement for Peace (IRSMP) fast growing society of peace advocates in Mindanao through its Secretariat, Peace Advocates Zamboanga (PAZ) after convening its members in its monthly meeting held last June 18, 2011 at Solidarity Center, RT Lim Boulevard, Zamboanga City.
TFZ Staff Officer 1st Lieutenant Claudine Sharra Regundique (OS) PA presented the details of the IPSP. She said “I am honored to present the new internal peace and security plan “Bayanihan”, a campaign for winning peace”. It replaces the OPLAN BANTAY LAYA II as it took effect last January 01, 2011.
Lead Convenor Fr. Angel C. Calvo, CMF shared the importance of engaging other stakeholders to be involved in the promotion of the IPSP but highlights the integration of a bigger emphasis on human rights and its violations especially the alarming killing and shoot out incidences in the city.
The concept of the Bayanihan Campaign highlights the multi-stakeholder and holistic approach particularly strengthening the partnership among People’s Organizational (Pos), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and National Government Agencies (NGAs) with AFP in the pursuit of Peace and Development in the area.
“In order to address the advocacy, the TFZ headed by Col. Buenaventura C. Pascual Inf. (MNSA) PA is pleased to conduct various briefing and information drive to various sectors and important institutions through the Civilian Military Operations” disclosed Major Jaran Abdulla (INF) PA, CMO Officer.
He added that “TFZ believes that the move of challenge will create a more cohesive fight of all sectors against separatism issue in Mindanao and the current insurgency that we are all facing”.
IRSMP Members expressed positive support to the quest of the TFZ through the IPSP. The movement challenged as well the Armed Forces of the Philippines of the kind of change that they want to see outside the communities be also integrated with the institution.
Mr. Audesti Miguel of CHR, whom had been working with the movement in important activities, reminded the group that the IPSP should be in collaboration with the Philippine national Police through the Zamboanga City Police Office. Dr. Grace J. Rebollos, Western Mindanao State University President added by informing the group that some of the contents and plans are very enlightening but should still be reviewed further especially the fight with the various insurgency groups.
The partnership between TFZ and IRSMP is another important engagement that had flourished 2011. Indeed, the IRSMP has been an inspiration as it geared towards the promotion of peace. The movement is looking forward that other important institutions will better realize the significance of the movement line of actions for peace and development in the city.
By Aldrin B. Abdurahim
- 22/06/2011 13:36 - Don Pablo Lorenzo Memorial High School implements foreign language
- 22/06/2011 13:35 - DTI to consumers: handle broken CFLs with caution
- 22/06/2011 13:35 - IRSMP readies Week of Peace 2011
- 21/06/2011 11:18 - Beng asks youth: Learn from Rizal’s examples
- 21/06/2011 11:16 - American Field Service Local Chapter extends Love to Layag-layag
- 20/06/2011 00:00 - National Renewable Energy Program is a step towards energy self-sufficiency, says Aquino
- 17/06/2011 12:41 - AFP, PNP assure everything under control despite US travel advisory
- 17/06/2011 12:41 - Palace welcomes China’s statement on Spratly row
- 17/06/2011 12:41 - National Youth Commission warns Facebook users
- 17/06/2011 12:40 - Pope appoints as bishops 3 Filipino prelates